• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech Protect - Interior Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Protect - Interior Protectant

I'm relatively new to the forum but have a question I hope I can get help on.

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche with the dark cladding. When I bought the vehicle, I was asking everywhere as to what I could use on the cladding for protection. I did end up calling the Meguiars hotline and the gentleman recommended the NXT Generation Tech Protect. He said it did have UV inhibitors to protect against fading.

Well, I just finished my 3rd summer with the truck and i have to say that the cladding is fading all over the place!!! I don't know what to do....when I apply the Tech Protect, it looks great but streaks something awful down the side of the truck after the slightest rainfall...and also doesn't seem to last very long before the fading shows through.

Does anyone have any ideas or help on 1) how I can restore the faded cladding and 2) continue with protection??

I'd appreciate all help! Thanks!!

Re: Tech Protect - Interior Protectant

Yeah, that is definately more of an interior product. Here are your exterior products that should last longer, All-Season Dressing being my favrotire, esp with that much trim. Whichever you pick, remember to apply, let sit, then buff off excess.

Gold Class Trim Detailer

All Season Dressing

Hyper-Dressing

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely give that a try. Does the gallon of All Season Dressing go a long way?

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

It goes pretty good... they all do really. The ASD is a bit much for my interior, but you can dilute Hyper-Dressing, make it a bit more matte finish, if you wanted to get everything from one bottle. Naturaly, it tends to go even further being dilutable, but wont last quite as long on exterior.

I bought a spray bottle, but tend to spray it onto a foam paintbrush really to apply.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Tech protect will indeed look very good, but it definitely won't hold up against rain & snow.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');