• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffered Abrasive vs Diminishing Abrasives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffered Abrasive vs Diminishing Abrasives

I was reading my NEW PROFESSIONAL line booklet from Meguiar's... Just got it in the mail. Its a great read!! Get yours right away and don't wait for the movie or paperback... Anyway back to topic. I noticed on pages 4 and 5 that some products like #84, #4, #1, #2 specifically call out that they contain "Diminishing Abrasives (TM)" and "Buffered Abrasive (TM)". Then other products claim only "Buffered Abrasive (TM)" like #83. Well only #83 claims "Buffered".

Now to the question. Was it a typo to leave off the "Diminishing Abrasives (TM)" thingy or do I have too much time on my hands??

What is the difference between "Diminishing Abrasives (TM)" and "Buffered Abrasive (TM)"?? Of course I can sound it out like a 4 yr old, but I would like to know as much as your trade secrets will allow.

It’s probably no big deal but I was just curious. Even the bottle skips mentioning "Diminishing Abrasives (TM)"...

Thoughts???
    Last edited by scrub; Jul 7, 2004, 05:43 AM.

I'm going to guess this is just an oversight on copy.

As far as I know, all of the products in the Professional line use diminishing abrasives. All products that use diminishing abrasives also use a rich, high lubricity polishing oils to buffer, or cushion their abrading power as to result in a finish that looks like it was just polished, not scratched and scoured.

I'll check into it, but it's probably just an oversight.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      I'm going to guess this is just an oversight on copy.

As far as I know, all of the products in the Professional line use diminishing abrasives. All products that use diminishing abrasives also use a rich, high lubricity polishing oils to buffer, or cushion their abrading power as to result in a finish that looks like it was just polished, not scratched and scoured.

I'll check into it, but it's probably just an oversight.

Mike
      Now that's an explanation of "Buffered Abrasive (TM)". Thanks alot!! I'm sure it was an oversight but look forward to your reply.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');