• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing up headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing up headlights?

I'm asking this for a friend. He has 1995 240SX and the headlights are made of plastic. They are yellow/ dirty looking. What are the steps to clean this up? If possible, show a write up. I can't find it, maybe i am not searching hard enough. But if you can please show me the link it would be great.
    What products do i need? tools?
    thanks
    1997 Mercedes Benz C280 Sport
    www.club202.com

Re: Polishing up headlights?

PlastX, a foam applicator, and work in a few applications with a bit of passion.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I used the PC w/cutting pad
      Schotography

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        PlastX, a foam applicator, and work in a few applications with a bit of passion.
        I would start with that and see how far you get, I would recomend a MF applicator as it has slightly more bite.
        If that doesnt clean 'em up, your going to have to wet sand, try some 2500 grit to start (always use the least agressive method first!) put a few drops of soap in the water your wetsanding with as a lube.
        after you done the lenses should look very hazy, but uniform, then move on to the Plastix, and go nuts (it will take some work)
        VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');