• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can too much NXT dull the finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can too much NXT dull the finish

I have a very red 2006 GTI which is parked out side and drive to work every day in the SF Bay Area. My fast gets washed every week and a new coat of NXT is applied every four months.

As I dry my fast I us a detailing spray so am I over doing it? If so should I strip my car down to the top coat and start over, and how often should I apply NXT or should I be using some other product?

---
    Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Re: Can too much NXT dull the finish

Well, you might eb asking two different questions:

One thing I have noticed is that Nxt can dull after a few washes if there is no maintenance done, such as a detailing spray or spray wax.

Now, if your only detailing step is Nxt, then yes, I would recomend maybe an extra detailing step or two.

One of my favorite combos is to clay if needed, then ColorX and then top with Nxt. Here is ColorX in action:

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover

You can also do a "full detail", which would be like these links:

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i wish was next month and summer time
      alberto gorin
      known as gorin002

Comment

if u wax ur car every 4 months.... that is not too much at all.... actually that seems not enough hahaha .... for me, i wash car every week or every other week.... it'd be best if i wax it every month i think since it is a daily driver.... but i had gone 2 months or even 3 without redoing the 3 steps and the finish still look good and water still bead.....

and the detailing spray im guessing you mean something like quik detailer.... you can use that as much as you want and it wont do harm.....

Comment

i leave my car outside 10 months out of the year (january and febuary its in a garage and covered and i wax it about every 3 months or so and clay /clean polish and wax every spring seems to work very well check out my thread in the show off section "11yr old paint acura legend"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');