• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White dots on paint! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White dots on paint! Help!

Hello,

I have a black Toyota RAV4 and I have now noticed tiny white dots all over my paint. I think they are contaminants that got stuck to the paint because my car is often left under the sun. For this very reason I bought the PC 7424 (equivalent of the G-100) and after thoroughly washing my car I tried the PC with the buffing pad that comes with the PC and with the Meguiar’s Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner but the white dots didn’t come out! I was running the PC at 3 to 5 speeds but the result is the same at any speed. Should I try a different cleaning product or pad or am I using the PC incorrectly? What should I do?

Thank you very much your help.

I’m looking forward to seeing my truck shine again imperfection free. I will gladly post before and after pictures.

Re: White dots on paint! Help!

can you feel the spots? If so try some detailing clay. Like Meguiars Smooth Surface Kit. If not it may be a flaw in the paint. I have some on mine also. I will try to post pix tonight.
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Hi 4raver,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

The dual action polisher is a tool used to remove, Below Surface Defects, things like swirls and scratches. Detailing clay is for removing Above Surface Defects.

Read this as it should answer most of your questions, as for removing the white dots, seek out some detailing clay and clay your car's paint, even the glass, basically anything that is smooth. After you clay, then you'll need to re-wax the paint as detailing clay remove above surface bonded contaminants as well as most of the wax on the surface.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by kellyinkc View Post
        can you feel the spots? If so try some detailing clay. Like Meguiars Smooth Surface Kit. If not it may be a flaw in the paint. I have some on mine also. I will try to post pix tonight.
        I can't feel the spots with my hands. The car wash station guy told me that those are white paint spots so I guess my car might have passed by some place where people where painting.

Can I remove those spots with the clay bar?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 4raver View Post
          I can't feel the spots with my hands. The car wash station guy told me that those are white paint spots so I guess my car might have passed by some place where people where painting.

Can I remove those spots with the clay bar?

Thanks.
          Yes you can. It is amazing what comes off. Could also be overspray under the clear coat. If so well..... live with it or repaint. I think that what mine has.
          I have tried everything but the 7006 cutting pad and 83. NOT recommended by Meguiar's. Or wetsand which I am too scared to try. Or the rotary.
          Do try the clay.
          MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Sadly, there was a forum issue back when Meguiar's Online went live in 2004 that caused us to loose the pictures in this thread,

Extreme Overspray Removal

The pictures are actually on the server, it's the code that makes them show up that got corrupted. Here's what's left...

Overspray Paint Removal

A friend of mine, Garrett, had his car parked in the wrong place at the wrong time. Seems at though some outdoor painting was taking place where he worked and the overspray drifted in the air, landing all over his Toyota Tacoma truck.

Here's a shot of the hood,

Here's a close-up of the overspray. The paint was white industrial outdoor enamel used to protect some type of tanks for holding liquid gasses.

The entire truck was covered with white paint overspray.
            Below is a close-up picture of the windshield.

Garrett admitted to me that he only knew the basics of car care such as washing and waxing, having been there myself, I told him I would take a look at the overspray and test it to see how hard it would be to remove. Some overspray bonds to tightly to the finish that it can be all but impossible to remove. I grabbed a Meguiar's Quik Clay System kit, cleaned off the hood and then did a little test spot on the passenger's side of the hood.

The bigger point is this, if in fact the white spots you're seeing on your car's finish are spots of white overspray paint, then the most effective way to remove this overspray is to using detailing clay.

If the problem is isolated to the front-end of the truck only, then it could be rock chips with dried wax in them that you're seeing.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Sadly, there was a forum issue back when Meguiar's Online went live in 2004 that caused us to loose the pictures in this thread,

Extreme Overspray Removal

The pictures are actually on the server, it's the code that makes them show up that got corrupted. Here's what's left...

Overspray Paint Removal

A friend of mine, Garrett, had his car parked in the wrong place at the wrong time. Seems at though some outdoor painting was taking place where he worked and the overspray drifted in the air, landing all over his Toyota Tacoma truck.

Here's a shot of the hood,

Here's a close-up of the overspray. The paint was white industrial outdoor enamel used to protect some type of tanks for holding liquid gasses.

The entire truck was covered with white paint overspray.
              Below is a close-up picture of the windshield.

Garrett admitted to me that he only knew the basics of car care such as washing and waxing, having been there myself, I told him I would take a look at the overspray and test it to see how hard it would be to remove. Some overspray bonds to tightly to the finish that it can be all but impossible to remove. I grabbed a Meguiar's Quik Clay System kit, cleaned off the hood and then did a little test spot on the passenger's side of the hood.

The bigger point is this, if in fact the white spots you're seeing on your car's finish are spots of white overspray paint, then the most effective way to remove this overspray is to using detailing clay.

If the problem is isolated to the front-end of the truck only, then it could be rock chips with dried wax in them that you're seeing.
              I will give it a try! Thanks for your help!

Comment

There was white spot (overspray) on my sister car. I used the G1016 Smooth Surface Clay Kit but it doest work that great. You might have to use the professional line C2000 Detailing Clay - Mild or the C2100 Detailing Clay - Aggressive.

Comment

just say than welcome
                  alberto gorin
                  known as gorin002

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');