• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning towels and pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning towels and pads

Ok I searched around but never found an answer for the products I use. I have 2 water magnet drying towels, and 2 ultra plush super terry towels, plus my cheap applicator pads from kmart. My question is, can I wash all of these together in the wash? Also what settings on the wash would you use and would I use woolite?

Re: Cleaning towels and pads

Originally posted by immenseturmoil View Post
    I have 2 water magnet drying towels, and 2 ultra plush super terry towels, plus my cheap applicator pads from kmart. My question is, can I wash all of these together in the wash?
    It is my understanding water magnet towels are microfiber, therefore they can not be washed together with other materials.

When it comes to what to wash with and on which setting searching for related terms will reveal you a tons of posts with valuable info in that area.

Comment

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Hope that helps!
      Scott

Comment

kinda helped. woolite and warm water. But is it ok to mix my items i mentioned together?

Comment

I wash all my MF towels and MF bonnets by hand and hang to dry. They are like new each time.

Comment

Originally posted by immenseturmoil View Post
            kinda helped. woolite and warm water. But is it ok to mix my items i mentioned together?
            Yes, you should be fine washing them all together. I separate mine more as to how dirty they are. In fact tonight I did a load of "dirty" ones. These are ones that are black nasty dirty. I don't want to get my "good" ones dirty. I guess it kinda works out as to what I use them for. The paint towels don't get washed with the tire towels, sort of thing. Make sense? That's just what I do.
            Scott

Comment

You can wash the MF and the pads together. The only issue with the terry would be the MF collecting lint off of it. I wash my terrys seperate. I definitely agree about seperating by how dirty they are.
              John Keeling
              Meguiar's Customer Care
              800.854.8073 x113

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');