• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not very happy with ScratchX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not very happy with ScratchX

I find using the foam pads a waste of time with ScratchX. I seem to get twice to three times the polishing/cutting power with ScratchX when using it with a microfiber rag. I painted a spot on my bumper once and after the wet sanding all I had to use to take out the wet sanding scratches and bring it back to better then showroom shine (no orange peel in wet sanded paint, heh) was ScratchX and a microfiber.

In fact yesterday I used ScratchX on my factory painted rims, my goal was just to clean them real good (Turtle Wax Platinum tire gel ran off a little and stained/turned some areas of the metallic silver paint brownish - I switched to hyperdressing shown in the pic below) and there where scratches/nicks that looked like it was down to the base metal but it came out with ease in just one pass. If you're working by hand, don't waste time with foam pads and use microfibers. Heck, on my rims I was using my oldest and shoddiest grime area microfibers and it still came out mint - like I said, my objective was just to clean them and it took out some pretty nasty scratches that visually looked like they might be all the way down to the base coat (I'm not the original owner of the vehicle), but, they came out with ease.. Everything except the curb rash on the outer lip that is definitely down to the base metal.

Look at them, they look mint now. I never thought to take before pictures since most of the scratches I thought would never come out - if you could of only seen them before.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');