• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars NXT Generation Spray Wax and Meguiars NXT Generation Speed Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars NXT Generation Spray Wax and Meguiars NXT Generation Speed Detailer

Meguiars NXT Generation Spray Wax and Meguiars NXT Generation Speed Detailer. which one do i apply first? i will be using it on a white 2006 Scion. The car was zero miles when i got it and it have never been wax or detailed. the only thing that i have ever done to it was wash. i didn't thought of waxing or detailing untill i accidently found Mequiars forum and i've only visited Mequiars forum for less then two weeks. i've learn alot from here. thank you.

Re: Meguiars NXT Generation Spray Wax and Meguiars NXT Generation Speed Detailer

Use the speed detailer first to remove any dust and dirt then use the spray wax.
    2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
    2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
    1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

Re: Meguiars NXT Generation Spray Wax and Meguiars NXT Generation Speed Detailer

Detailers, (ours, theirs, or anyones), are for removing light dust, fingerprints and smudges.

Spray-on waxes are for restoring that just waxed look.

You always use a detailer first, before a spray-on wax to make sure the paint is clean unless you just washed the car.

• One cleans while leaving the paint glossy
      • One adds wax and leaves the paint glossy

Completely different products
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

GOSH! ya'll so smart! ya'll knows it all! i'm speachless! thank you so much! go on! tell me more!

Comment

You might want to read these, to get the full process down, and how to use the spray waxes.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

How to Get Great Results Using Meguiar's Spray Waxes
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

seriously everyone, thanks for your reply. clear things out for me. another question i need to ask, how long do i have to wait for speed detail to dry before i can apply the spray wax? again, thank you Mike and everyone for your reply. i've learn so much ever since i've been on MOL. Merry X-mas to you all!

Comment

Well, you can look at it different ways.

If you are planning to dust with the Detailer and then Spray Wax, then just give it a minute or two to let everything evaporate.

If you are planning to use them after washing, then you can just wash and then go to the Spray Wax. Or just the Detailer after washing, whichever.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If the car has never been waxed before, you should really use a liquid or paste wax, like the NXT Paste Wax before the Spray Booster Wax. The SBW is meant for use as a touch up between regular waxings.

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

use the detailer first and then use the wax thats what i use and its the best!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');