• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.5" Bonnets for a PC.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.5" Bonnets for a PC.....

Thought I would suggest some bonnets for the PC, I know they have been discontinued but such a great product should still be available.

I will say I have never used the GC Bonnet but I would never pass up the Ultimate Bonnets. hint hint

I see the larger ones are still available!?!?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Re: 6.5" Bonnets for a PC.....

Id love to see some Meguiar's bonnets as well
    2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
    2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
    1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

sory guys whats Meguiar's bonnets
      sound like high perform V8 car
      alberto gorin
      known as gorin002

Comment

Originally posted by gorin002 View Post
        sory guys whats Meguiar's bonnets
        sound like high perform V8 car
        Its the white 'thing' in the middle of this picture:

They are used to remove paint cleaners/polishes/wax with your PC. You place them over a clean foam pad on your PC and you are set!
        Brandon

Comment

Recently I purchased some for ADS and used one today. I was very pleased with the job it did and highly recommend them, give Richard a call, great guy to deal with and they are not expensive at all.
          Jezroj
          Sunnyside, California

Comment

Originally posted by jezroj View Post
            Recently I purchased some for ADS and used one today. I was very pleased with the job it did and highly recommend them, give Richard a call, great guy to deal with and they are not expensive at all.

Have you used either Meguiars versions? Can you compare ADS's to Meguiars... quality/feel or material?
            Brandon

Comment

By the time I got seriously into wanting to detail my car correctly, Meguiar's had discontinued the MF Bonnets. I saw them advertised at ADS but Richard ran into some manufacturing issues and it was not until a month or so that he got them in. Since I never used Meguiar's, I can't compare them, but we all know Meguiar's makes/sells the very best. The ones I purchased from Richard fit nicely and feel good, I have washed three of them several times and they seem to come out just as good as when I received them.

Off the subject a little: People always ask me why I like Meguiar's products so much and my answer has become pretty standard;

1. Yes, there are probably other products out on the market that work as well as Meguiar's.
              2. Yes, other companies probably have a selection as good as Meguiar's.
              3. Yes, other products are comparably priced.
              4. Yes, other companies support their products.
              5. No, Meguiar's is the only company that does all of the above
              and last but not least ...
              6. Only Meguiar's has Mike Phillips working for them

Jezroj
              Sunnyside, California

Comment

Who is Richard? I thought Rick ran ADS.
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

You are correct it is Rick, I guess I have had too much egg nog
                  Jezroj
                  Sunnyside, California

Comment

oooh thank you
                    alberto gorin
                    known as gorin002

Comment

have you guys tried NAPA. I know the ultimate wipes as well as the bonnets are avalable at my location.
                      Patrick Yu
                      2003 Honda Accord
                      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek View Post
                        have you guys tried NAPA. I know the ultimate wipes as well as the bonnets are avalable at my location.
                        Is your NAPA location using Meguiar's part numbers? Our location carries a few things. You can get 81,82,83 but not 80. They dont carry any of the Meguiar's clay, only mothers and Martin Senour (Schlegel Gray Ghost). Final Inspection in the two sizes and a handful of other products. I guess they carry mostly the mainstream stuff as they see it. Maybe Mike could put the pressure on our servicing warehouse in Spokane. I called the warehouse to have them check on some stuff that we dont carry or list, they said it would take 4-6 weeks to find out and a case of product would have to be ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Abrasive1 View Post
                          ...I called the warehouse to have them check on some stuff that we dont carry or list, they said it would take 4-6 weeks to find out and a case of product would have to be ordered.
                          That’s probably a "NAPA thing." Maybe because they buy in volume direct from the factory or maybe just a company policy.

I’ve never had problems ordering single items through my local PBE stores. It usually takes one or two days.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc View Post
                            That’s probably a "NAPA thing." Maybe because they buy in volume direct from the factory or maybe just a company policy.

I’ve never had problems ordering single items through my local PBE stores. It usually takes one or two days.

PC.
                            I can have stuff ordered from a few different PBE stores. Being the thrifty(cheap) type, I enjoy the employee discount. If we carried more Meguiar's items, I would probably be the biggest customer.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');