• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter cable rotary and edge pad system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter cable rotary and edge pad system

I gotta say , i just got a porter cable rotary for x -mas and the edge pad system and love both.I got the adapter for the rotary and d/a so i can change the pads from one to the other and its great , fast , and always centered perfect.Yesterday was the first time i used a rotary in years and i think i did a really good job.My practice vehicle is my 94 nissian pickup . The rotary is so much faster at polishing than a d/a because you dont have to stay on a specific area for a long time like the d/a.Also the rotary removed much more defects at a shorter amount of time . I had a couple really bad scratches i got out and really removed the cobwebbing in a shorter time.I will post some pics shortly.
    RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Re: Porter cable rotary and edge pad system

Can't wait to see those pictures.
    While the RB might seem an ideal solution, don't forget to try the d/a first as it's the least aggressive one, but I assume you already knew that one

It's just that since I'm used to the RB, I tend to take it out more often but you still have to remember you're taking paint away, fast if you're not that careful. I've seen meterings of 50 microns after a detail session by inexperienced detailers (or ones that never use paint thickness gauges).

I do a reading when a customer comes for the first time just to be sure it's safe to start buffing.
    showroomglaze.net

Comment

I think the only way someone with experience can achieve that, is using a constant reate cut compound applied with a wool pad @ 2500RPM or up
      or if you keep compounding and compounding and compounding the same spots.

That's why we should always follow the "use the least aggressive product to get the job done" rule
      " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Sorry i didnt take any befores, here is my 94 pickup,purchased for 700 dollars two yrs ago.Truck has alot of rust , scratches and cc failure , but makes a great work truck.
        hood shot

close up

full shot
        RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Looks like Santa was good to you Rocco. Outstanding work as always no matter what you use. Happy New Year!!!
          Death Before Dishonor

Comment

so you buy a old car bit of a good car
            use meguiars walla a new car forfew bucks

ooooh RZ Autodetailing only need is a santa fit
            and there you modern santa in a modern horse ^-^
            alberto gorin
            known as gorin002

Comment

Thanks Joe aka Stealth. Ya i had a really nice x-mas and hope for a even better new year. Hope Santa was good to you as well.Joe you should post some pics of your work on here for all of us to see.Well hope you have a great new year , may be we can meet up again some time soon. Gorin thanks for the comments , iam just having a hard time trying to figure out what you wrote .
              RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by RZ Autodetailing View Post
                Thanks Joe aka Stealth. Ya i had a really nice x-mas and hope for a even better new year. Hope Santa was good to you as well.Joe you should post some pics of your work on here for all of us to see.Well hope you have a great new year , may be we can meet up again some time soon. Gorin thanks for the comments , iam just having a hard time trying to figure out what you wrote .
                No offense meant, but I think gorin types in Dutch and has babblefish, or something else translate to English. Is this right, gorin? It is amazing that we can talk to someone waaaaaaaay over there about detailing, and still kinda understand each other?

Comment

Originally posted by ronniejay View Post
                  No offense meant, but I think gorin types in Dutch and has babblefish, or something else translate to English. Is this right, gorin? It is amazing that we can talk to someone waaaaaaaay over there about detailing, and still kinda understand each other?
                  if you spoke to me face to face or a phone
                  you thought i was a american
                  heart say i am
                  if i write i am just other foreign guy
                  what can i do
                  alberto gorin
                  known as gorin002

Comment

i think its great that you write from another country and i appreciate the comments , i was just saying its hard for me to read it sometimes, please keep up the good work
                    RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

There's trees in Jersey?

just foolin, looks good, that is one hella shiny truck.

Comment

Originally posted by RZ Autodetailing View Post
                        i think its great that you write from another country and i appreciate the comments , i was just saying its hard for me to read it sometimes, please keep up the good work
                        thank you
                        you keep up the good work to
                        we have here from manny countrys.
                        alberto gorin
                        known as gorin002

Comment

Originally posted by gorin002 View Post
                          if i write i am just other foreign guy
                          what can i do
                          If you're having a hard time writing in english, maybe you can use this:

Free Spell Checker
                          I just love detailing

Comment

Thanks Whelan and Gorin .. the truck does get alot of attention where ever i go...its pretty hard for me to believe that a truck with so much rust draws so many questions and comments from people.
                            RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

What size Edge pads did you get? and were they the new waffle ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');