• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Honda Civic Makeover Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2003 Honda Civic Makeover Journey

Ok so I finally received my arsenal for which I am going to use to bring back the life of my car. I have #80, #82, #21, Clay Bar Kit, PCDA Polisher, NXT Tech Paste Wax, PlastX (for the headlights), and of course the pads.

Tomorrow will be the day I begin the detail and hopefully with my patience and somewhat technique I can get this right if not then close to great.

Heres the plan:

Deep Crystal Wash
    Clay bar using Quick Detailer as lubricant
    Wash again
    Tape off all plastric and rubber trim
    #80 in a small area at a time overlapping each time
    Following by #82 with the same technique
    #21 on speed 3-4, spread evenly throughout the car
    (Let sit for 20 minutes)
    After buffing, NXT Paste Wax by hand
    (Let sit until next day then buff off)

Take pictures for everyone to see because

WISH ME LUCK!

Comment

Good luck.
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Good luck with it. Sounds like you know what you are doing. It should turn out well.

What part of FL are you from? Must not be very near me since I'm getting rain here. So much for waxing someones SUV today . Lol.
        Lydia's Mobile Detailing
        Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
        2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

GO for it sltuner88! Hope it comes out stunningly great, good luck.

SYDSTER

Comment

Thanks all! I feel confident about this already

cnfowler = thank you

Lydia = Thanks! Im from South Florida, particularly Miami, were getting some shine for the week so I'm down for this.

Sandeep Murjani = HOY! MABUHAY PILIPINAS! haha walat ka balo naay pnoys in here! sweeeet!

Comment

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

THE MAKEOVER HAS BEEN DONE AND NOW PICTURES ARE UPLOADING!

STAY TUNED!

BTW, IT CAME OUT GREAT!

Comment

looking forward
                alberto gorin
                known as gorin002

Comment

Ok so I clocked in around 7:00 AM to get the washing part over and done with. Used Deep Crystal wash and used All Wheel Cleaner for the rims. Sorry it was a bit windy and I didn't want to get sick so I did the best I could but with no pics.

Then I pulled it into the garage and started to clay. And wow I never realized how much gunk and **** was on the finish. I was totally blown away at how much I was catching in the clay. Heres a few areas I grabbed the most from:

The Roof

and the Trunk Lid

It was definately a surprise for me lol.

Then on to the taping, I actually ran out of my roll. So there were a few areas that weren't covered such as the door trim and the windshield.

I began with the #80 Speed Glaze on the 8006 polishing foam pad. Here are some area's where I decided to stop and take some before and after photos for you guys. Enjoy!

This lamp actually became my friend in helping me find where the hardcore spots were so that I knew to work it in more than twice sometimes even three times.

Same spot after, deep scratches remained but I am more then pleased with the result.

Close up:

Here is the infamous door handle area that I'm sure everyone can't avoid a scratch here and there.

Before:

After:

Then I proceeded to the #82 Swirl Free Polish. Sorry no pics but I can definately tell you if you worked it in right you really see a difference ont he surface where you polished and didn't. I told my self I just defined " BLACK" lol

After the #82, I went and waxed it using NXT Tech Paste Wax (all by hand). Heres a few while I was waiting for it to cure.

After waiting until this morning I finally buffed it off with a 7006 cutting foam pad wrapped with a microfiber bonnet. The finish was ridiculous and behold my hardwork has paid off.

Some reflection shots for you to enjoy

Here is a direct light on the finish. I'm probably going to order some #83 and attack those scratches that remained, but for now its not noticable unless your so close your breathe condenses on the car.

I also thought of a great idea to use this sample of Cleaner Wax that I got with the Clay Kit on the wheels. Came out nice and smoooth.

I then also noticed the headlights were looking a bit hazy, prolly because I might've went over it by mistake a few times. But thats nothing PlastX couldn't fix.

Before:

After:

Overall this experience I learned very much from. Thanks to all that gave me confidence in doing this and you will see much more in the future!

THANKS ALL!

PS: Sunshots will be taken as soon as the clouds are blown away.

Comment

Looks great.... Cant wait to get a nice day to work on my car...

Got plans for the interior, trim, tires, etc as well?
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Looks great! How long did that take you?
                      "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                        Looks great.... Cant wait to get a nice day to work on my car...

Got plans for the interior, trim, tires, etc as well?

Thanks alot man!

The interior I didn't do much with just sprayed around with Quick Interior and vacuumed. Its pretty clean considering that was the only thing I could keep spotless lol. But yeah, maybe next detail Ill do the little things that make it perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by cornflake_81 View Post
                          Looks great! How long did that take you?

Thank you very much. It really is awesome finally seeing it in a better condition.

Well I woke up at 7:00 AM to start the wash, then I believe after I was done waxing the car it was around 4:00 PM. Was too excited to watch the time to be honest I then let the wax sit so it can cure till the following morning removing it at about 10:00 AM.

Comment

wowwwwwww

if i ever buy clay clay the car be maby also lot of dirt come off
                            that clay you used can you re use it or do you have to buy a new one ?
                            i also notice garage seemd bit smal and lot of stuff in it.
                            remind of mi own

great job
                            alberto gorin
                            known as gorin002

Comment

Now you just need to black out those headlights to complete the look! This is my car, same 03 EX.
                              "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');