• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pine Tree Sap Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine Tree Sap Removal

Tall pine trees hang over my driveway. Sap from the trees fall onto my cars resulting in 1/4" diameter sap spots that harden on the top surfaces. I am unable to remove the sap with soap / water or even high pressure water at the car wash. Is there anything that will dissolve dried sap without damaging the paint? I suspect that the sap damages the paint as well -- is there any way to protect the paint? Thanks.

Re: Pine Tree Sap Removal

Wash area then clean sap with GREEN RUBBING ALCOHOL with terry cloth rubbing with little pressure in one direction after removal clean with quik detailer and polish then wax. GOOD LUCK
    Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Here is a disussion you might look over, read a few posts down there are some suggestions: Is this a new one?
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

White Honda,

What is green rubbing alcohol and were do you find this?
        Jezroj
        Sunnyside, California

Comment

Any IPA would do.

Comment

I tried isopropyl alcohol (91%) applied with a cotton ball and it worked perfectly -- only seconds to dissolve the spot with no effort. This was dried on sap; a new sap spot probably would be removed even easier.

I noticed that the sap leaves a mark on the paint. Presumably, it eats through the paint to some extent. I'll have to see if polish takes the mark away.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!

Comment

Moved out of the "Frequently Asked Questions" form for pre-written questions and answers and into "Detailing 101"
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');