• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One pass M83 with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One pass M83 with pics

So far I have gone over the car one pass with M83. I started yesterday with a good wash, then clay bar, then worked the M83. Almost 6 hours of work!

Car just after regular washing. Looks clean right?

This is what the Clay Bar picked up, ick!

I never got to the M80, but this is what I worked with, great stuff!

Good Taping job!

Prior to M83

After M83

The Hatch was the worst, it was almost white with swirls and scratches

The Hatch after the 83. Took 2-3 coatings to get it back!

Re: One pass M83 with pics

thats amazing work!

looks like the paint got a lot darker!
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Nice work ...

Try ColorX if u don't have M80.....

BTW, what was ur working speed on the G100 with M83...

Comment

nice very nice
        alberto gorin
        known as gorin002

Comment

Normal process would be 83, 80, then wax. What else do you plan?

Comment

Looks very good. Real nice work!
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Wow, looks like the #83 did a perfect job! I have had my PC for 8 years now and always used MPPC, #9 & #7, but it seems like most people are using the 80's series now, what's the big deal with the 80's series?

BTW- I just buffed a friends '02 black dodge intrepid with a similar paint condition w/ the PC & DC#1 (had to use DC#1 now that MPPC is discontinued), and the DC#1 did not even phaze the swirling. I think I might order some of the 80's series now.

Matt

Comment

Looks great! A car might look clean aftrer a wash, then you clay and get what you did!
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

That is awesome. I didn't know #83 would be able to get the finish that clear, since I've heard it sometimes leaves hazing. Great job!

OhioCarBuff: #83 and #80, IME, are great products. I don't know what MPPC was like but I think if you try #80 and #83 you will really like them. Like I said, I don't know what MPPC is like, so the 80 series might take some getting used to, but it's well worth it IMO.
                  Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                  Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                  2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
                    That is awesome. I didn't know #83 would be able to get the finish that clear, since I've heard it sometimes leaves hazing. Great job!
                    I've heard about the possibility of hazing too, but have never had the problem. It has always left the finish ready for the LSP. That includes some very dark Maroon and very dark Blue finishes.
                    Charles
                    The Rainmaker

Comment

Very nice work!! When you say one pass, do you mean 1 application on each work area?
                      Matt
                      2007 Lexus RX350
                      1998 Acura Integra

Comment

Whelen,
                        Did you use one pad per product? How many pads total? How did you apply to areas where the G100 would / should not go? Did you run the machine over the ridges, just go up to them, or let the pad ride in the air over without lifting the other side off?

Comment

Hey all, I didnt expect so many replies so fast! But to answer the questions:

I do have M80 to use next.

I used two 8006 pads.

I went through about 2 or 3 Microfiber towels, One got a bit of wet on it so it had to be dried out. The vibration of the G100 made some unkown water come from small areas.

I did encounter a little hazing on certain areas where I did more than one application.

I used one application on most areas. The hatch got 3 applications and a couple panels on the drivers side as well. When doing more than one application which was necessary in certain areas, the hazing is more prominent, but the M80 will take care of that.

I ran the pad everywhere. It went everywhere, it is a small enough pad that it fits in many places. Plus my vehicle does not have a lot of areas that need to be taped off. But I noticed that there is a huge difference from when you do it by hand and product seems to get in every space. With the G100 and proper product application, never had an issue with that. It actually worked so well it pulled out old wax that was stuck in areas I could not reach by hand.

I followed the How to Remove Swirls with the G100 posting on here that gets linked very often. I used around 2x2 areas with small overlap onto the sections previously done. Each door was done in 4 sections and I went with the up and down and then side to side motion suggested. I did the up and down passes and side to sides twice over.

Comment

Coating???

Whelan, a polish does not establish a coating on the surface (well, most of them). M83 does in fact remove a minuscule amount of clearcoat, and levels the paint down to the valleys of the scratches. That's why they disappear.

A last step product will provide the protective coating(s).

BTW, nice work.

Comment

Great Job Whelan! I often use M83 too but with a rotary and it really gives me good results. I have not tried M80 but i will be trying it very soon, I always here our fellow members talk about it and say how good it is, I already ordered a gallon.

Take Care!
                              SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');