• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought for the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thought for the day

This Army soldier in Iraq with his tiny ‘plot’ of grass in front of his tent. It’s heartwarming!

Here is a soldier stationed in Iraq, stationed in a big sand box… He asked his wife to send him dirt ( U.S. soil), fertilizer, and some grass seed so that he can have the sweet aroma, and feel the grass grow beneath his feet. When the men of the squadron have a mission that they are going on, they take turns walking through the grass on American soil — to bring them good luck.

If you notice, he is even cutting the grass with a pair of a scissors. Sometimes we are in such a hurry that we don’t stop and think about the little things that we take for granted.

Say a little prayer for our soldiers that give and give so unselfishly for us.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us, Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Tampons (A TRUE STORY)

Tampons to the rescue in Iraq !! Don't worry, it's a good story, and worth reading. It's even humorous in parts. It's from the mother of a Marine in Iraq ..

My son told me how wonderful the care packages we had sent them from the ladies auxiliary were and wanted me to tell everyone thank you.

He said that one guy we'll call Marine X, got a female care package and everyone was giving him a hard time. My son said, 'Marine X got some really nice smelling lotion and everyone really likes it, so every time he goes to sleep they steal it from him.' I told my son I was really sorry about the mistake, and if he wanted I would send Marine X another package. He told me not to worry about Marine X because every time I send something to him, he shares it with Marine X.

He said when my husband and I sent the last care package, Marine X came over to his cot picked up the box, started fishing through it, and said, 'What'd we get this time?'

But my son said they had the most fun with Marine X's package. He said he wasn't sure who it was supposed to go to, but the panties were size 20, and he said one of the guys got on top of the Humvee and jumped off with the panties over his head and yelled, 'Look at me, I'm a n Airborne Ranger!!!!'

One of the guys attached the panties to an antenna and it blew in the wind like a windsock. He said it entertained them for quite awhile. Then of course.......they had those tampons. When he brought this up, my imagination just went running, but he continued.

My son said they had to go on a mission and Marine X wanted the Chap-Stick and lotion for the trip. He grabbed a bunch of the items from his care package and got in the Humvee. As luck would have it he grabbed the tampons too, and my son said everyone was teasing him about 'not forgetting his feminine hygiene products.'

He said things went well for a while, then the convoy was ambushed and a Marine was shot. He said the wound was pretty clean, but it was deep. He said they were administering first aid but couldn't get the bleeding to slow down, and someone said, 'Hey! Use Marine X's tampons!' My son said they put the tampon in the wound. At this point my son profoundly told Me, 'Mom, did you know that tampons expand?' ('Well....yeah!')

They successfully slowed the bleeding until the guy got better medical attention. When they went to check on him la ter, the surgeon told them, 'You guys saved his life. If you hadn't stopped that bleeding he would have bled to death.' My Son said, 'Mom, the tampons sent by the Marine Moms by mistake saved a Marine's life.'

At this point I asked him, 'Well, what did you do with the rest of the tampons?'

He said, 'Oh, we divided them up and we all have them in our flak jackets, and I kept two for our first aid kit.'

I am absolutely amazed by the ingenuity of our Marines. I can't believe that something that started out as a mistake then turned into a joke, ended up saving someone's life. My sister said she doesn't believe in mistakes. She believes God had a plan all along.... She believes that 'female care package' was sent to Marine X to save our Marine.

Either way, our efforts have boosted the morale of many Marines, provided much needed items for our troops, AND saved the life of a Marine! God bless every one of you for your efforts and hard work, and God bless our Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force and all our military service personnel.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND KEEP IT SAFE!

Prayer: 'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us.Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen.'

Prayer Request: When you read this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our troops around the world.

Of all the gifts you could give a Marine, Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & others deployed in harm's way , prayer is the very best one.

GOD BLESS AND PASSING THIS ON
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Great thread guys. I would like to say GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS ! and thanks for all you have done. You are not forgotten and never will be.

Comment

Joe, from an X Navy Corpsman attached to the 3rd Marines in Viet Nam, thanks! And to those marching and carrying signs depicting our President as Hitler....Germany has vacancies.
          Barry

Comment

The embers glowed softly, and in their dim light,
            I gazed round the room and I cherished the sight.
            My wife was asleep, her head on my chest,
            My daughter beside me, angelic in rest.
            Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white,
            Transforming the yard to a winter delight.

The sparkling lights in the tree I believe,
            Completed the magic that was Christmas Eve.
            My eyelids were heavy, my breathing was deep,
            Secure and surrounded by love I would sleep.
            In perfect contentment, or so it would seem,
            So I slumbered, perhaps I started to dream.

The sound wasn't loud, and it wasn't too near,
            But I opened my eyes when it tickled my ear..
            Perhaps just a cough, I didn't quite know, Then the
            sure sound of footsteps outside in the snow.
            My soul gave a tremble, I struggled to hear,
            And I crept to the door just to see who was near.

Standing out in the cold and the dark of the night,
            A lone figure stood, his face weary and tight.
            A soldier, I puzzled, some twenty years old,
            Perhaps a Marine, huddled here in the cold.
            Alone in the dark, he looked up and smiled,
            Standing watch over me, and my wife and my child.

"What are you doing?" I asked without fear,
            "Come in this moment, it's freezing out here!
            Put down your pack, brush the snow from your sleeve,
            You should be at home on a cold Christmas Eve!"
            For barely a moment I saw his eyes shift,
            Away from the cold and the snow blown in drifts..

To the window that danced with a warm fire's light
            Then he sighed and he said "Its really all right,
            I'm out here by choice. I'm here every night."
            "It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,
            That separates you from the darkest of times.

No one had to ask or beg or implore me,
            I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me.
            My Gramps died at ' Pearl on a day in December,"
            Then he sighed, "That's a Christmas 'Gram always remembers."
            My dad stood his watch in the jungles of ' Nam ',
            And now it is my turn and so, here I am.

I've not seen my own son in more than a while,
            But my wife sends me pictures, he's sure got her smile.
            Then he bent and he carefully pulled from his bag,
            The red, white, and blue... an American flag.
            I can live through the cold and the being alone,
            Away from my family, my house and my home.

I can stand at my post through the rain and the sleet,
            I can sleep in a foxhole with little to eat.
            I can carry the weight of killing another,
            Or lay down my life with my sister and brother..
            Who stand at the front against any and all,
            To ensure for all time that this flag will not fall.."

" So go back inside," he said, "harbor no fright,
            Your family is waiting and I'll be all right."
            "But isn't there something I can do, at the least,
            "Give you money," I asked, "or prepare you a feast?
            It seems all too little for all that you've done,
            For being away from your wife and your son."

Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret,
            "Just tell us you love us, and never forget.
            To fight for our rights back at home while we're gone,
            To stand your own watch, no matter how long.
            For when we come home, either standing or dead,
            To know you remember we fought and we bled.
            Is payment enough, and with that we will trust,
            That we mattered to you as you mattered to us."

Comment

Show'n some LOVE!

Show them we love 'em!!

You already know that with the help of many good friends we get care packages out to the troops serving over seas in harms way every couple of months or so.

This weekend the next shipment is going out. My wife suggested that the students at my lil girls school ( http://www.go2faith.com/education/ju...istian_school/ ) make up some valentines cards to send to the troops.

What a great idea I thought.

Today the students finished them up.

Comment

Looks like I have about 50-60 cards from kindergarten through 6th grade.

Here a few pics...

Comment

amen

thanks bro for constant thoughfulness
                  it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ
                    2. The American G. I.
                    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
                    THE TRUTH IF EVER WAS TOLD
                    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

This just in:

Sent: Friday, January 23, 2010 5:35 PM
                      To: Kufchak SgtMaj Michael (MEB-A RCT-7 SGTMAJ)
                      Subject: more goodies

SgtMaj,

I trust you received the packages of cigars we sent out before Christmas. If not let me know.

The weekend we are getting 20 care packages sent out to you.

My 6 year old daughter and her fellow students made up a bunch of valentine cards that are headed your way as well.

Semper Fi,

Jose "Joe" Fernandez
                      Superior Shine Mobile Detailing

SgtMag reply :

Mr. Fernandez,

Have recently received your wonderful gift of Cigars they were sent out by a Company that you Ordered them from. Cannot Thank you enough for your Generosity. We like to enjoy a good cigar after our successes and we have had many of them thus far. Additionally, Thanks for all the Pkg’s thus far. The Marines/Sailors are not only grateful but very appreciative of those back home thinking of them. I’ll tell you, when I say it makes a difference it really does in their sense of comfort. Will be on the lookout for the Valentines Cards. We’ll probably get them hung in the Chow hall so the Fellas can read them as they pass through the line. Send me your Daughters School Address and I will write them a letter of Thanks. Ensure you include the Grade and Teachers Name. Again, Thanks so much for your Continued Support. R/S Mike Kufchak

Regimental Combat Team – 7

Sergeant Major Kufchak

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');