• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed My dad's OLD Fiat 127

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed My dad's OLD Fiat 127

This is not done by Meg's but is was before I learned about it..

This is the first shot of it.. You can't see in how bad shape the paint is but there's NO reflection at all..! First I tried to wash it but didn't help

Re: Fixed My dad's OLD Fiat 127

Looks like a VW Rabbit?

Truck behind it's pretty cool!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I actually didn't get it all in.. Don't know why it didn't do it but here's the whole post:

This is not done by Meg's but is was before I learned about it..

This is the first shot of it.. You can't see in how bad shape the paint is but there's NO reflection at all..! First I tried to wash it but didn't help

Then I gave the hood some tape so I could see the difference.. The right side is done one time with paint cleaner.. Not very good..!

Here you can see the difference where you also can see the top of the hood

Here you can see a little more of the reflection..

Again to see the difference in color:

And the difference in the top of the hood:

Another picture of this:

I gave half of the hood some wax and here's the difference! It was just a bad angle so you can't see how much it shines..

Then I splittet the other half of the hood in different squares to try if it had any difference when applying more pressure, spending more time and paint cleaner and so on.. The test result here can be seen, but you can really see much of a difference in the picture but you could in real life I CAN assure you all!!

Another one:

Here's one when I did the hood 2-3 times of scrubbing! Have done a little but still needs work!

This one I LOVE! You can really see the difference when you spend time and energy! I had to rub loong and really hard to get it looking this great! But look at how big a difference there is! It's amazing!!

Another angle and not so close:

And again the difference! HUGE! Only done the hood yet:

The lense got a little dirty so it ruins the shot.. But else it gave a huge difference. Here I had done the door to, but didnt give it wax. That should give more contrast and so you better could see the difference!

One of the whole hood done!

The hood done taken from the top to see the difference with the roof

One more of the hood and door done:

I then started to do the side

Another one:

The difference to the back

One more

It's easy to see what's done and what's not right?

Then of to the roof! The left side done and not given wax

Taken from the other end

Right side done. Left side done and given spraywax, but not wiped off yet..

The whole roof done, but only the left side I have given wax. See the difference and shine

The hood and roof done so I could see the difference from the original. These were given wax but the part in between haven't been given wax.

I'm thinking about Meg'in it to give it a nice shine! It's my dad's old car and he doesn't take care of it so I used a couple of days on it to surprise him!
      Actually some young dudes came over and asked if he wanted to sell it.. They said it was way to cool and even asked if it had been repainted or freshly painted? It looked SO nice.. I was so proud I did so big a difference on it..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        Looks like a VW Rabbit?

Truck behind it's pretty cool!
        And no it's not a VW rabbit.. It's a fiat 127 and it's really OLD!

Comment

Originally posted by WestDK View Post
          And no it's not a VW rabbit.. It's a fiat 127 and it's really OLD!
          the Fiat 127... I remember this car!

Was a fiat's bestseller from the 1972 to 1987 in europe, and the production continue in south america until the middle of the ninentees...

The 127 won the European Car of the Year in the 1979, and Fiat built more than 4 milion of 127 in 33 years.

after the 127 in the 1983 Fiat introduce ot the market the "Uno", a revolution for the small car in europe... designed by giugiaro, the owner of the fiat group avv. Gianni Agnelli showed for the first time the "uno" in cape canaveral... actually the Uno is manufacted in brasil and fiat sold 8 million of Uno in more than 35 years of history...

www.mx5forum.com

Comment

Year and my dad didn't do anything to protecht it for 12-15 years.. We live on a dirt road and we don't have a garage so it really can feel the weather.. As you can see om the pix.. Really an amzing difference I think

Comment

Wow, big difference. Good job!

So how long did it take you? Looks like a ton of work, but it looks like it paid off.
              Scott

Comment

How, brings me a lot of memories...I used to have one of those made in 1981 and It was called Fiat 133 in Argentina....

Nice car...

Good work there..It needed a lot of TLC and your work helped...

here some pics of mine
                Women wear shinny, men drive it...
                Click on link to see signature picture:
                http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...a/500/Tano.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                  Wow, big difference. Good job!

So how long did it take you? Looks like a ton of work, but it looks like it paid off.
                  It took me 3 days..! I was hours and hours on only the hood..! At night The hood was nice and shiney and I had to get some food because I was SO tired..!
                  But I have to say that I worked from 6 in the morning to 3 at afternoon before I could get home and work on this.. I work in a greenhouse so was really tired and all this work didn't help..
                  But it paid off..
                  I had just finished when my dad came home..
                  He got really happy..!

Look how it shines..
                  But I think I need to do some meg work on it so it can shine even more..

Else you can see my own car here:

But it's before I''ve done any meg-work on it yet..
                  What do you all thin about that?

Comment

It was COTY actually in 1972...

Comment

so you used dc3 ?
                      you do have a start.i saw some rust
                      fiat 127 didi`t had a sister with seat ?

mike the truck is old VW transporter

welcome to mol good job
                      alberto gorin
                      known as gorin002

Comment

Originally posted by gorin002 View Post
                        so you used dc3 ?
                        you do have a start.i saw some rust
                        fiat 127 didi`t had a sister with seat ?

mike the truck is old VW transporter

welcome to mol good job

No I din't use any of meg's products but I would still show whatta difference it can make if doing something about your car..
                        And about the rust it's my dad's problem.. I can't do everything on his car, but I just wanted it to shine a little more.. It was like sandpaper and now its like a baby's bottom

About the seat I really don't know..

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');