• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotty windows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spotty windows...

#80 and #83?

What are those?

I have this problem aswell...

Comment

Just to let you know about the tint problem, if its a small speckle (i have tons on my rear and it makes me angry) then it depends on the guy. The guy that did mine (a complete jerk) said that they are small dust particles and that every car will get them. He supposedly gave me a paper stating this before I paid and I told him he did not (he actually didn't). So now I got a speckled rear window in one spot and I'm pissed.

[Edit: Non-family friendly language removed. -Mike Phillips]
      2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
      2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
      1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

hi there
        always found when doing windows =it;s nice to finish with paper -i.e. kitchen roll gives a nice clean finish [thats my opinion]
        give it a crack
        harry.

Comment

Originally posted by Houstunna View Post
          #80 and #83? WTF?

What are those?

I have this problem aswell...
          Had me stumped also. Try this like. Will reveal all.

2006 Black Buick Lucerne (MY LAST BLACK VEHICLE)
          2000 Silver Buick LeSabre
          1977 White/Black Triumph TR-7

Comment

My go-to product for water spots on windows is #49 Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover, from the Marine Line.

Alex
            Mandarina Racing

Comment

thanks bro

Comment

Somewhere on here is a tutorial by Mike using #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner to remove hard water stains and spots from windows. It does not nave diminishing abrasives so it makes spots vanish pretty quick.

I've used it with a PC a 7006 pad on the read window of one of my water trucks. The window looked fogged the mineral was so thick. Took less than 5 minutes and the glass was crystal clear.
                Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGypsy View Post
                  Somewhere on here is a tutorial by Mike using #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner to remove hard water stains and spots from windows.
                  Here's the thread, it's not so much a tutorial as an article that explains in detail how two products in Meguiar's line work to cut the gunge off glass without scratching the glass and why other products in the thread brought up by members won't and don't work.

Glass Polishing - Deep Cleaning

Originally posted by RogueGypsy View Post
                  It does not nave diminishing abrasives so it makes spots vanish pretty quick.
                  Actually, both M04 and M49 use diminishing abrasives. The type used is a very 'chunky' type and size and it's this feature that enables the diminishing abrasive to actually 'cut' through the film or junk, or water spots that have built up on glass without scratching the glass.

Most spray-on glass cleaners can't do this as the film/water spots are to tightly bonded to the glass.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's another article that explains what it means and what's required to remove scratches out of glass...

Removing Scratches out of Glass

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the correction and links Mike. This sight rocks.
                      Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

wow, thats great info, I'd be wondering about this as well
                        2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

back to the waxing windows no-no... whats wrong with it? i have a little cavalier coupe and i wax everything but the windshield. thats rain-x'd regularly.
                          never had a problem with water spots, plus when the car is moving in the rain my windows stay almost perfectly clear.

Comment

Waxing windows, just like using Rain-X, seems to be one of those things that works for some people, but makes the wipers chatter or causes smearing issues for others.

If it works for you, it certainly wont cause any damage.
                            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Some chemical I was using on a Odyssey today spotted up where ever I sprayed it...Ultra Cut Compound (#105) by hand with a terry cloth got rid of them in a jiffy.

Ryan
                              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Some chemical I was using on a Odyssey today spotted up where ever I sprayed it...Ultra Cut Compound (#105) by hand with a terry cloth got rid of them in a jiffy.
                                I was just about to ask if any one had tried #105 for water spots on glass.
                                Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');