• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best price on the G-100 or Porter cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the best price on the G-100 or Porter cable

I went to the Meguiars website and saw the G-100 is $225. I thought it was in the $100-$150 range. What is the going rate for the porter cable one? Who has the best price on the G-100 or the porter cable? Any other good ones out there. A friend has the Mikita (sp) not sure what he paid for it.
    2000 SS Camaro, slightly modded.

Re: Who has the best price on the G-100 or Porter cable

go to auto detailing solutions website he has the best price around and he offers the lifetime warrenty
    custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

Look on eBay for the Porter Cable 7336 or 7336SP quite a few listed for $75 - $80. You can then buy the Velcro back-plate and pads from ADS or Meguiar's. As far as I know, Porter Cable is the only one who makes the Variable Speed 6" RANDOM ORBITAL Polisher that is SAFE for auto detailing. If you go the e-Bay route, you should be able to get everything (polisher, 3 Meguiar pads and back-plate) for about $120.

Jezroj
      Sunnyside, California

Comment

Also, check with your local Lowe's. They've discontinued the PC 7424, but some stores still have some new old stock. And cheap, I might add.
        "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Item #51472 @ Lowes
          Whats my color? Color X

Comment

I have a few for sale. check out this thread.
            You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

What should I look under in ebay? Automotive or tools in the home & garden section?

Comment

Found them in the Auto section.

Comment

Don't just limit yourself to the e-bay auto, just type 7336SP, 7424, Meguiar's or Porter Cable and search all e-bay
                  Jezroj
                  Sunnyside, California

Comment

Thanks. Just bid on a new porter-cable mix is $32 now. Several buy it now for $75.

Comment

My local Lowes is where I bought mine last summer. They have two new ones left that are discontinued for $79.

Mike
                      Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
                      ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

I signed up for the detailing 101 class they are having locally. Can't wait to actually learn from the pros how to use one of these things.

Comment

I just received mine from Auto Detail Solutions, it is the G100 that comes with the lifetime warranty. Could not be happier, got one of the package deals. Good luck

Comment

What was the price from Auto Detail solutions?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');