• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Time PC use - Swirl removal & products - M#9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Time PC use - Swirl removal & products - M#9?

Well, the good thing about the terrible British weather is that although its preventing me getting out there to use my new PC, I'm using the time to gather up as much unfo and advice as possible!

I'm a first time user, and TBH, a little apprehensive.

I have a May '05 Avus silver Audi TT (hard paint, I know) and its got some washing induced swirls and some swirls I got from claying off some paint fallout which was kindly deposited on my car when I collected some wheels from a refurb place.

Being cautious, I'd like to start with the least aggressive Polish, but I'm anxious for good results too.

I have some Megs #9, but I see almost no mention of it here. Wht is this? is it not aggressive enough for my purposes? Should I be using M80 or M82 instead of this?

I'm quite happy(ish) to 'hide' to start off with as opposed to 'remove' until I get more confident, and to that end I also have some Sonus Swirlbuster Polish and the Swirlbuster pad. Has anyone used this combo or have any comments at all please?

I also have some menzerna P0106FF. Any views on me using this as a PC newbie?

Many thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions. Cam

Re: 1st Time PC use - Swirl removal & products - M#9?

#9 is quite mild of a cleaner. It is a good product, but as you suspect, can be a bit mild for general use. It is more of product you might use when the paint is already in great shape. #82 is similar to #9 as well.

#80 would be the best place to start usualy, as it is mild but still strong enough to do a bit of work on most paints.

It is the Audi paint that can make things interesting.... even #83 may not be able to do a whole lot of work on that paint.

I cant comment much on the Sonus or Menzerna products.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

just wanna to say welcome to mol
      alberto gorin
      known as gorin002

Comment

I started with some 80 on my car and eventually went to 83, I still need to go back and hit a few areas another time or two with 83 cause there are still some noticeables on the car. Also some areas have that haze you get from a harsher product so the 80 will be used to clear it all up and prep for the Mirror Glaze final coat.

P.S.- whatever you use, be sure to go slow and let the product and the machine do the work, small areas and good pressure with even passes.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');