• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G100 on lenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G100 on lenses?

Anyone ever done it. I have very very light swirls on my tails and some roughspots on the headlights. I want to smooth it all out and using a pad and hand doesn't get it to my liking. Even after a few coats of Plastic X.

Would using Plastic X on a G100 8006 or 9006 pad do anything much better. Also what speed would you reccommend if you have done this, let me know your experience.

Re: G100 on lenses?

Works great! We have local guy that has a part time business restoring headlights here in SoCal and all he uses is the G100, our yellow polishing pads and PlastX

Be sure to clay the lens before machine cleaning, if the paint needs to be clayed, that's a pretty good sign anything on the outside of the car with smooth surface needs to be clayed.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: G100 on lenses?

sweet so some claying to the lights too, never thought of that, but makes sense. Then a yellow 8006 pad with some plastic X. Ill give it a try tonight as the car gets put in the garage, dried off, and taped up for the rest of the 83, 80, and Gold Class tomorrow (day off). Ill take plenty of pics.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');