• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading photos - error 127

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading photos - error 127

Keep getting the following message when trying to upload a picture:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/bin/X11/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x75 -quality 100 -geometry 100x75 -unsharp 10 '/d01/meguiarsonline/forums/photopost/data/500/thumbs/DSC05075.JPG'

I've uploaded several before and never had a problem. This one that I'm getting the error code on is 640 x 480 and is only 143k. I haven't done anything different this time around than the last 4 I've uploaded. What's going on?
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Re: Uploading photos - error 127

Make sure you're using the right file name formate, for example this will work,

mypicturesfortheforum.jpg

and this won't

my pictures for the forum.jpg

my picture's for the forum.jpg

So make sure your file names are all one word, no spaces or symbols like apostrophes, etc.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

This is the file name of the picture I'm trying to post:

DSC05075.JPG
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Tell you what, send me that photo exactly as you've been trying to upload and let me try to upload it and we'll trouble shoot it this way.

Send to mphillips@meguiars.com
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike, I was having the same problem last night and thought it was my file, I tried changing the size and everything else and still no luck.
          Jezroj
          Sunnyside, California

Comment

I believe I've tracked down the problem and fixed it, I was able to successfully upload an image after applying the fix, if there's any more problems post here please.

(Sorry it took me a couple days to get to this, out due to a death in the family.)

Ross Conrad -- Webmaster, Meguiar's, Inc.

Comment

No need to apologize, Ross. I'll try to upload the picture that was giving me problems when I get home. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');