• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta start somewhere...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta start somewhere...

Thought I'd get things rolling...

I've used the new NXT on nine cars so far, as an LSP. There have been just as many surface prep conditions... so my opinion is still being formed.

Overall, the product goes on easy, and wipes off even easier. Very good shine. Much too early to comment upon durability.

Now that it is available at retail, I'll strongly recommend to my clients.

It does not seem to be *better* than 'boutique' sealants, but it is quite nice.

Looking forward the rumored "professional" version.

Jim
    If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Re: Gotta start somewhere...

Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

Looking forward the rumored "professional" version.
    Ditto, should this actually be the case.
    *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

If indeed this NXT is not a sealant, can anyone say what Meguiar is saying the durability time is rated to be.
      Ron - 2003 Tahoe

Comment

Originally posted by ron
        If indeed this NXT is not a sealant, can anyone say what Meguiar is saying the durability time is rated to be.
        My understanding is............... the NXT "is" a sealant. In either case, it will be interesting to see what people say about the durability.

I doubt that Meguiar's would ever make any "number" claims as to the durability! I wouldn't blame them, as measuring/juding durability is nearly impossible with all the things that need to be considered.
        Boss_429

Comment

Originally posted by ron
          I would tend to mimick Boss's reply to that question as environmental conditions, paint condition, paint application, and any number of other variables will affect that number. I don't think there are very many 'reputable' companies that manufacture car care products out there that will put an absolute durability rate time on the package and, if they do, I suspect it's merely a 'shot in the dark' guess under the BEST environmental conditions available to man kind (shady, 55 degrees, and the vehicle is never driven).

I too am very interested in discussing this issue here in several months though. It might be a long trial but, for now, the jury is still out.

RP
          Last edited by Rockpick; Feb 4, 2004, 12:07 PM.
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky
          thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
          CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');