• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This one was fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one was fun!

I detailed this car a few months ago, the car was COMPLETELY trashed.

Here are some befores:

Here are some afters on the interior. I used an all purpose cleaner on the carpets and vinyl, along with a scrub brush and some towels. The leather was treated with meguiars medallion leather cleaner/conditioner.

Comment

Here is the exterior, sorry no befores. Just transfer the condition of the interior to the exterior, that should give you an idea.

I washed, clayed, then used #80 speed glaze(my favorite meguiars product) with the PC and a meguiars polishing pad. I then applied #20 by hand, then topped with #26, again by hand.

Comment

I wouldn't even be able to drive that in that condition, it was dirty! If the outside was as bad is the inside you had your work cut out for you! Looks good now!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

A very nice job indeed! It just goes to show that the right products in the right hands can make a WORLD of difference on a neglected vehicle.

Great job!!

RP
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky
          thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
          CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Nice. I wish I'd taken before's of the lexus I did of the interior, it was about that bad, worse on the drivers side. All purpose cleaner plus does such a good job with shampooing fabric and carpet.

Curious, how long did it take?
            Later,
            Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
            Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Good job, man! I remember detailing a lot of cars that dirty when I was in the business. It takes a lot of patience to get one looking that good. I noticed that the pink stain didn't come out of the carpet on the passenger side. You know what that is, right? It's where someone spilled an icey. The dye they put in those things never comes out of carpet! Anyway, nice job and pics.

Slats
              -------------
              John 17:3
              -------------

Comment

Thanks guys!

Rick, I really don't remember. I think it took around 6-7 hours, but I took a break and had to deal with about 5 people who lived in the apartment coming up to me asking questions. Not that I minded at all, but it did take time.

Slats, yep, I wish i could find something that would take red stains out. Folex wouldn't touch it. Those stains seem to me that they are really dyeing the carpet!

Comment

Originally posted by ebpcivicsi
                  I wish i could find something that would take red stains out.
                  Please don't tempt me...

Oh what the heck... Have you ever tried Meguiar's Carpet Cleaner

If not, I'll send you a sample, just PM me your shipping address.

Just so you know, I wet-sanded, and then buffed out my 1973 K5 Blazer, (Cherry Red), and afterwards, my Nike tennis shoes were dyed red. I washed them with Tide assuming the Tide would remove the red tinge the shoe had taken on.

After washing and drying my shoes, the Nylon mesh material (similar to automotive carpets), was now an even pink color.

To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I counted on the Tide to return my white tennis shoes to their original white color. But alas... I was let down.

Willing to try anything, I sprayed some Meguiar's Carpet and Fabric Cleaner onto my tennis shoes, allowed it to penetrate and then wiped the excessive off to reveal a completely white tennis shoe.

Since then, Meguiar's Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Care cleaner as become a permanent part of the Phillips family collection of "Products Under the Kitchen Sink"

Honest Indian… the product works great….

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike, I have been using that product for about 1.5 years now. I stocked up on it when I found it on clearance at target. For some reason it wouldn't touch that particular stain. Thanks for the offer!

Comment

Mike,
                      Do you send out samples to people?? If so, I would love some! I already religiously use many meguiars products for my own detailing and when I clean cars for people on the side, but there are so many other products of yours that I would like to try. What kind of samples do you have?
                      I'm really wanting to try the Gold Class Wash (that sheets water) and/or the #40 dressing that is low shine.

Thanks,
                      Slats

P.S. I'm a senior member on the Acura TSX forums and I always recommend Meguiar's products to people. Thanks for the great products!
                      -------------
                      John 17:3
                      -------------

Comment

Meguiars carpet cleaner saved me once. This was before I had discovered all purpose cleaner plus, I'm sure it would have done well too. I was driving back from lunch at whataburger and if anyone is familiar with the mid 90's chevy trucks without the passenger side air bag there are two excuses for beverage holders that are more like cup shaped dimples in the plastic. Well he set his just refilled whatasized Dr.Pepper on that while I quickly turned a corner. The drink went flying and collided with the door. Dr. Pepper splashed all over the carpet.

Ughh, it was a few hours before I could get home and tackle the stain anyways. Two bottles later it actually had all come out. Even weeks later when I found some dry crystalized spots of it back behind a few panels it still cleaned right up. Deffinitely a product to have around for emergencies.

Ohh, I had a mystery red stain like that in that truck from the previous owner(s). It would not come out, all well.
                        Later,
                        Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                        Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');