• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum seem to be going crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum seem to be going crazy!

Am I missing something... Forum seem to be going crazy! It gets V-E-R-Y slow, then its off like a rocket, then its on the the SQL error page then its back to normal then I have a double post then... well you get the point. Am I the only one this is happening to? Its driving me nuts!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Yep! See thread from before Weird stuff

Comment

Another disk drive crashed...

Sorry for the inconvenience, while the forum was backed-up, we lost a few photos again. Were working on a solution for stability.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I was trying to post last night, and the blue activity line just creeped along (This happened several times)...I finally gave up and went to bed.
        r. b.

Comment

Mike:

Removable cartridge mount (slide out rack mount) hard drives. I've got three in my desktop. I use drive C: and clone the entire drive using Norton Ghost onto D: and E: (aternating every night) as a back up. The second and third drives are NEVER in the computer unless they are being cloned, one at a time. This way I have full back ups for the last two days always available.

If C: blows up or catches an irremovable virus, I just put D: or E: in its place. Takes about 10 seconds. No restoring, no reinstalling programs, just go! For your purposes, I would get five hard drives as back ups. That way, you would have completet backups of the last five days.

Comment

Originally posted by STG
            Mike:

Removable cartridge mount (slide out rack mount) hard drives. I've got three in my desktop. I use drive C: and clone the entire drive using Norton Ghost onto D: and E: (aternating every night) as a back up. The second and third drives are NEVER in the computer unless they are being cloned, one at a time. This way I have full back ups for the last two days always available.

If C: blows up or catches an irremovable virus, I just put D: or E: in its place. Takes about 10 seconds. No restoring, no reinstalling programs, just go! For your purposes, I would get five hard drives as back ups. That way, you would have completet backups of the last five days.
            Actually Meguiars Online is hosted with a third party so there is little Mike can do about the issue at this point. MOL is hosted with David who runs Autopia. It appears that it is just growing pains. The traffic is increasing and taxing his network and servers. I also recall David mentioning something about denial of service attacks on his network as well. I am sure he will get it all worked out.
            Last edited by rjstaaf; Jul 14, 2004, 03:31 PM.
            Bob
            2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
            Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

David will be upgrading software this weekend, hopefully this will fix some bugs that have been plaguing MOL. Just today, the data base became corrupted again and David had to reload from last night's back-up. This means anything posted since midnight was lost including at least a half a dozen of my own posts.

Just now I spend 45 minutes recreating the Rolls Royce thread.

Now I'm going to recreate other threads. I almost always write everything in Microsoft Word and save it to a monthly file in case something like this happens. I didn't write and save every post from the Rolls Royce thread, thus the need to recreate.

At least this time we haven't lost any photos.

Part of the problem is due to traffic by both members and visitors which means Meguiar's Online is growing.

Bear with us, we will get everything dialed-in

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Glad to know I am not the only one with trouble! Hope everything gets worked out!
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');