• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolls Royce at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolls Royce at Meguiar's!

Southern California Rolls Royce Club at Meguiar's - July 10th, 2004

On Saturday, July 10th, Meguiar’s was proud to host members of the Southern California Rolls Royce club for a detailing clinic here at Meguiar’s Garage! Members brought a wide spectrum of cars showcasing the design and beauty famous to Rolls Royce.

One guy even had his Rolls Royce brought in on a car hauler!

Poking it's grill out in front of these bushes is a 2004 Arnage R Driver

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

WOW!!!!!

That's like $5 million worth of cars. Man, I'd be scared to death detailing one of those things. Then again, if you own any of those cars, money is no concern.

Comment

wow, i can't wait to see more pictures!
      Reid

------------------------------------------------

2004 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1 - Do not view in sunny, cloudless conditions.

Comment

What stunning gathering!
        I'll bet that was an ecclectic group...

Jim
        If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

I'm drooling!!

Got any more pics?
          my product collection-- New !
          My Detailing Credo
          Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

After everyone arrived, we spent some time looking at the finish quality of different cars and discussing their car care maintenance program. The idea is to ascertain how their finish looks currently, and how they would like to have it look by choosing and using the correct Meguiar's products.

Here are some pictures of the owners and myself looking over the different cars and evaluating the surface conditions.

The question came up, "Should a black car be waxed?", apparently one Rolls Royce owner with a black Rolls Royce was told by a car salesman that black cars should not be waxes?

Meguiar's believes that any car exposed to the outdoors, and especially a daily driver, should have a protective coating of wax applied three to four times a year to maintain and preserve the finish. Not only does a quality car wax protect the finish, but it also adds richness, gloss and beauty, and in the case of a fine car like a Rolls Royce, a beautiful finish showcases the exquisite design of these landmark automobiles.

Below we are taking a temperature reading on the hood of a black Rolls Royce, at approximately 9:30am, the temperature on this car was in the 120 degree to 130 degree range. Around the temperature can rise as high 140 degrees and even higher.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Rolls Royce at Meguiar's!

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

This car is HUGE!!!!
              Quadruple Honda Owner
              Black cars are easy!

Comment

After the classroom portion it was time to work on some cars, below is a Rolls Royce with a nitrocellulose lacquer finish that has become dull with oxidation and actually dirty with built up dirt, dust and staining to the finish.

Meguiar's always says,

Always use the least aggressive product to get the job done"

Because nitrocellulose lacquer is typically incredibly soft paint, and in this case it is also very old paint, caution must be used when choosing and applying any type of paint cleaner. As such, the first product we tried was the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, while this product did improve the finish, we decided to go one step further and try a product with a little more cleaning ability, the Clear Coat Body Scrub Paint Cleaner

We applied the Clear Coat Body Scrub using a piece of terry cloth towel, the nap of a terry cloth towel, (the little cotton loops), act as a helper, when trying to remove oxidation and built up dirt in the paint. Although the name of this product implies it is formulated for use on clear coats paint, it can actually be used successfully on both clear coat and non-clear coat finishes.

This product worked perfectly. It removed the oxidation and years of dirt and dust imbedded into the paint and restored a vibrant blue color to the finish.

Before

After

The owner was in a hurry to participate in a Caravan with some of the other attendees so after learning which paint cleaner to use, how to use it and which polish and wax to follow the paint cleaner with, (Deep Crystal Polish and Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax)

The motor in this old Rolls Royce ran like a top, it was a sight to see as it pulled out of the garage and went to catch up with the Caravan...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

I have both Body Scrub and MPPC. Would the MPPC have produced similar results? I often have a hard time choosing which one to use
                  my product collection-- New !
                  My Detailing Credo
                  Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill D
                    Mike,

I have both Body Scrub and MPPC. Would the MPPC have produced similar results? I often have a hard time choosing which one to use
                    The MPPC is more aggressive than the CCBS, because this paint was soft and old, we wanted to treat it very gently.

Wait till you see the upcoming Extreme Makeover using Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner...

Mike
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Now THAT'S what I call neglected!! I see potential in it though!
                      Quadruple Honda Owner
                      Black cars are easy!

Comment

Also at the Rolls Royce clinic was this beautiful Rolls Royce Boattail. Interesting was the amount of leather used on the sides, (the red on the side of the car is read leather), while the cowl and the deck lid were uncoated aluminum,

Note how the rear of the car tapers to a sharp point much like the design of classic motorboat run-abouts.

Note the air intakes for the motor and their nautical design,

This car had dual front side mounts, (spare tires), note how they also serve a dual purpose as a place to to latch review mirrors,

Just below the wing, or side window, you can see a vent opening that directed fresh air to the passengers legs. Also note the use of aluminum, leather and wood in the construction of this masterpiece!

Off to join the caravan!

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

What amazing machines !

You always seem to surprise me with more info Mike...Thanks for sharing it with us .

Can't wait to see that Benz get done ...By that shot, the most neglected vehicle I've ever seen...When should we expect that write-up?
                          Sean Busch

Comment

This has to be the ultimate thread so far.

I can see Winston Churchill in the blue convertible.....riding with FDR.
                            r. b.

Comment

Golly, that would have been a real treat to see all those old cars! I've been going up to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival in Auburn, Indiana, the past couple years. I just love looking at all the old cars. Real masterpieces!

I especially like that blue car that you used the Body Scrub on. It has that classic "old car" look

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');