• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

medium cut cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medium cut cleaner?

My dad's 2000 ranger has some swirls and scratch x cant get them out by hand. Should I wait and get a g100 or should I try medium cut cleaner by hand. I also heard that heavy cut cleaner will leave me scratches and if so is that true?
    Don't forget to rev em high 2005 infiniti fx45, 2005 subaru outback sport se
    2000 ford ranger xlt, 2006 nissan maxima se

Re: medium cut cleaner?

the scratches I had on my Matrix wouldn't come out with Scratch X by hand. When I used the G100 and the M83 it was a world of difference. I'm not sure if #83 is as effective by hand but someone else might be able to chime in on that.

Comment

Now with the heavy cut cleaner will that leave scratches and swirls. So back to what you were sating use scratch x first with a g100 and use M83 after just to remove swirls and is this cleaning the paint to? The swirls Im sure are very deep because we always went through the drive through car washesuntil about 4 years ago. I just got into detailng so for me the full wash was wash and dry then wax. But now its the whole process because I know now. So if the scrtch x and M83 wont get the swirls out what will?
      Don't forget to rev em high 2005 infiniti fx45, 2005 subaru outback sport se
      2000 ford ranger xlt, 2006 nissan maxima se

Comment

No, once I tried the Scratch X by hand before I had my G100, it didn't work.

So when I got the G100 and the 83 and 80 I went to work. The 83 removes the deep scratches and swirls as long as they are not into the paint. The 80 I used after because the 83 can occassionally leave a slight haze and very light swirls. The 80 cleans all that up and then just a coating of wax.

Comment

M01 Medium Cut Cleaner is for rotary buffer application only, if ScratchX will not remove the defect by hand, then you can try to apply it using a dual action polisher, if this doesn't work then you will likely have to remove the defect with a more aggressive machine applied product, pay someone to remove the defects with a machine applied product or learn to live with the defect.

Some defects are too deep to remove.

When ScratchX doesn't work by hand, the answer is not to get more aggressive by hand because clear coat finishes are typically harder than traditional paint and dramatically more scratch-sensitive.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');