• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about applying ASD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about applying ASD

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what everyone is using to apply ASD. I used it today for the first time and I like the look of it but I think I could of applied it better. I am using a 3 inch round foam pad that has slits in the side for your hands. It looked like it left the tire surface streaky (like you could see where I spread the product around). When it dried it looked OK but the tire had some dull spots. Any advice would be appreciated.

A.Parshall
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Re: Questions about applying ASD

I don't use ASD on my tires, I use endurance. However the same application method may work for both. I use a paint brush. It works great! It's by far the best method I've found.
    Scott

Comment

all season dressing i spray on and leave till it dries that works just fine for me
      custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

Thankfully tires are a less finicky surface than paint. It really is a preference as to what tool to use. I , as well as many customers I speak with, use our foam applicator pads with much success. A towel is fine too. You can't beat the ease of use when employing the "spray and walk away" method, but I personally like to come back with an applicator or towel to even out the shine either way.
        Brian Hann
        Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
        Meguiar's Inc.
        Irvine, California
        bhann@meguiars.com
        (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

i use the meguiars sprayers and have to say the shine is pretty even,two thumbs way up for megs spr ayers
          custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

I use the High Tech spray the ASD on to the applicator then apply the ASD, then I let the product sit for 10 min or so and wipe down with an old towel to remove excess.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I tend to use a foam paint brush. I just leave it for the wheelwells, but I will wipe over the bumper trim to even everythng out.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions for appling ASD. I guess I will just experimaent with some of the suggested methods and see what works best for me.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Comment

Hwy everyone,

I took a look at the tires the other day and the dressing evened out and the wipe marks are no longer there

thanks for all the great ideas

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');