• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with 2 meguiars products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 2 meguiars products

I have done a fairly extensive search on this but can't find anything that quite nails it down. Could someone please help with the following questions.

1. What is the best method/technique for removing swirls using Meguiars swirl remover & a rotary buffer?
    2. Has anyone had any difficulty removing Diamond Cut from a panel after working with a rotary buffer with a lambswool pad?

Re: Help with 2 meguiars products

Originally posted by HOTSUP View Post
    I have done a fairly extensive search on this but can't find anything that quite nails it down. Could someone please help with the following questions.

1. What is the best method/technique for removing swirls using Meguiars swirl remover & a rotary buffer?
    2. Has anyone had any difficulty removing Diamond Cut from a panel after working with a rotary buffer with a lambswool pad?
    1. M09 is limited to how deep of a swirl it can remove because it is the most gentle cleaner/polish we offer. If the swirls are not to deep then using it with a foam finishing pad around the 1300 to 1500 rpm range

If you're talking about removing the swirls left by a wool cutting pad then you'll probably need something more aggressive.

2. No. You shouldn't either. You're either using too much product and not buffing long enough, or using too little product and buffing too long.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Help with 2 meguiars products

Thanks for the reply, Mike.
      I think it is that I am using too little product & buffing too long. However I have since discovered Presta Ultra Cutting Creme & have found that if I use the same amount as I have been using with the diamond cut & buff for the same amount of time, the residual Presta comes off straight way. The residual meguiars leaves "greyed" type lines on the panel surface that are difficult to remove with a polishing towel.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');