• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OLD VAN NEEDS NEW LOOK suggestions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OLD VAN NEEDS NEW LOOK suggestions needed

i have the same micro cracks in the clear of my 99 jeep cherokee. ive tried everything even wet sanded it but nothin fixed it. so im gonna schedule a repaint of the entire jeep. another sad clear coat failure
    custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

Originally posted by cmd View Post
      i have the same micro cracks in the clear of my 99 jeep cherokee. ive tried everything even wet sanded it but nothin fixed it. so im gonna schedule a repaint of the entire jeep. another sad clear coat failure

I do not really care about the cracks, i just want to get the paint to look nice for sale. Any ideas how much should i ask, it's 1999 Villager Estate with 153.000 miles

Comment

New pics after a fresh wash, this is swirlzilla people.

Comment

Start by claying, then use #83 via pc with 15# pressure @ #5 speed, you will probably need to go over it 2-3 times with this step, then onto #80 and wax.

It will probably be about 10-12 hours of work for you, but I'd make a bet you will get at a minimum $1,000 more when you trade it in or sell it.

Comment

I have a How-To DVD by Mike for sale for $25 shipped. Let me know. Will post after pictures as soon as i'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by FastOne View Post
              I Let me know. Will post after pictures as soon as i'm done.
              Hi FastOne! That's great please keep us updated, can't wait to see the results.
              SYDSTER

Comment

Take the rotary with a wool pad and #80, afther that you thake the polishing pad and also the #80.

Keep on shining,
                Volkswagen - Aus Liebe zum Automobil

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');