• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC owners: G100, 7424 and 7336 - What one do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC owners: G100, 7424 and 7336 - What one do you have?

For PC owners just out of curiosity what one do you own? Now I realize there are others out there but the polishers manufactured by Porter Cable (G100/7424/7336) are the most common.
    Meguiars G100 (one or more)
    31.29%
    PC 7424 (one or more)
    49.49%
    PC 7336 (one or more)
    14.31%
    I have a combination of more than one of the above PC's.
    4.91%
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Re: PC owners: G100, 7424 and 7336 - What one do you have?

Well I own one G100 and one 7336SP. (Actually I have three 7336SP right now but I am selling two of them.) Where should I vote? I have had the G100 longer.

Edit: I did not read the combo option.
    You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

I bought The 7336 a year ago, then I won the G100 last month.
      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by kellyinkc View Post
        I bought The 7336 a year ago, then I won the G100 last month.

Hey,

I can beat that! I bought my 7336 from Lowes for $25 (display unit in Nov, '06), and I won the 2004 red and white Mini Cooper in Dec. '04 that I plan to use it on.

Comment

My friend let me use his PC7335....I don't have one...
          Women wear shinny, men drive it...
          Click on link to see signature picture:
          http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...a/500/Tano.jpg

Comment

I bought a 7424 for what I thought was a great price - $109. And then I saw the great sales at Lowes for the 7336SP. I got a price match on $47. I couldn't resist buying the 7336SP for that price. And it serves backup for the 7424.

Comment

but don't do all PC's make the same job? maybe they work better for other stuff like sanding but...I think that for automotive use, they all doo the same job. the guy or gal who uses it makes it more efficient or less efficient
              " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Originally posted by Chex View Post
                but don't do all PC's make the same job? maybe they work better for other stuff like sanding but...I think that for automotive use, they all doo the same job. the guy or gal who uses it makes it more efficient or less efficient
                The machines in this post are all the same physical machine they can be used for either wood working or polishing. The G100 comes with a lifetime warranty where the other two only have the standard 1 year.
                Brandon

Comment

I couldn't pass up the clearance price on the 7336sp. I did notice that the G100 in the SCG dvd had a different origin of assembly than the 7336sp. Wonder if the G100 has been outsourced yet? No matter, its a fantastic tool and should be in every detailers box of goodies, novice or pro.

Comment

Like Maximus I have about 6 7336SP's. Mine I've been using for two years, one in a box I bought as a back-up unit from another MOL member, and 3-4 for that I picked up to sell. (Albeit a tad to premature as I missed out on the $59 price!!)

Comment

I own a PC 7424 and I'm very satisfied with it. It's light weight and compact size make it very easy to handle. I would recommend it to any one who considers buying a orbital machine.

Comment

I too own the 7424 but am curious as to the differences between it and the G100. Could anyone please explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Charisma View Post
                          I too own the 7424 but am curious as to the differences between it and the G100. Could anyone please explain?
                          They're the same machine, but the G100 is re-badged by Meguiar's and has a lifetime warranty. I own the g100 because no matter what I buy, be it tools or electronics or potato chips, I ALWAYS manage to find the one thats broken.
                          "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by cornflake_81 View Post
                            They're the same machine, but the G100 is re-badged by Meguiar's and has a lifetime warranty. I own the g100 because no matter what I buy, be it tools or electronics or potato chips, I ALWAYS manage to find the one thats broken.
                            That gave me a good laugh

I have a 7336

Comment

Interesting results.... seems its split rather even.
                              Brandon

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');