• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings! New member and long time Meguiar's user!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings! New member and long time Meguiar's user!

I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Andrew and I've been an automotive enthusiast since the day i started driving 12 years ago. I started using Meguiar's products years ago when my Father was doing graphic design work for them so ever since I've used their products.... well... plus they are excellent!

My current vehicle is definitely one I'm going to have to take great car with on the paint job. It's a 1 month old 2007 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 6-speed manual and when I ordered it, it was the first A4 in North America in this custom Audi color called Sprint Blue Pearl Effect. The only other Audi's in North America with this color were the latest model Audi RS4 and S4..... both of which must be special ordered to obtain this color. Following this post I'll be making another to get suggestions on cleaning, polishing, and waxing to keep its beautiful paint smooth, protected, and shiny!

I spent the past 8 months working for a company called CEC Wheels

Edit: Commercial Link Removed. Please adhere to the Forum Rules and do not insert Commercial Links.

and was the brand manager for Oettinger Performance GmbH in North America.

Here is a photograph of the car in its current state. Right now it's been lowered with neuspeed springs, full cat-back neuspeed exhaust, Oettinger chip tuning which lets me switch between stock, 91 octane, 93 octane, and 100 octane race fuel maps at the push of a button. Custom forged wheels and sway bars are going to be my next mods.

The blue pearl effect paint is amazing and looks completely different in color depending on how the light is hitting it.

Here is the car!

2007 Sprint Blue Pearl Effect Audi A4 2.0T
    Neuspeed springs, Neuspeed exhaust, Oettinger Chip

Re: Greetings! New member and long time Meguiar's user!

That's a gorgeous color!!! Beautiful car!

Oh and Welcome to Meguiar's Online, lol.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

to MOL!

Well that does it, I have a new favorite color car. I love the newer design on the A4's. That color is awesome! Not to sound greedy but, I want to see more pictures, more, more, more.

And just a friendly note... No clickable links are allowed.
      Scott

Comment

Hi Andrew

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

You'll find lots of friendly and helpful people on this forum always willing to lend a cyber-hand!

List 'O Links

Many of the things we cover in our Saturday Classes are discussed and talked about in the threads found in the sub-forums of the Information Station

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
        How To Remove Swirls By Hand
        How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
        Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line
        Circles or Straight Lines?
        Which LSP is Best for Light Colors
        How to locate Meguiar's Professional & Detailer products in your hometown
        How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test
        The Dual Action Counterweight "Controversy"
        What are the Differences Between Meguiar's Waxes
        What's the Deal with "Layering"?
        Measuring Clear Coat Thickness
        Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer
        Glass Polishing...Deep Cleaning
        NXT Tech Wax Cure Time
        Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car
        Colored Waxes - Do they really work?
        PC + #83 not "Cutting" it! - The Limits of the Dual Action Polisher
        What it Means to Remove a Scratch
        Why Meguiar's Recommends Polishing Paint
        A Lesson From White Paint
        Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The over exposure of those pictures looks kinda cool!
          You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusZTS View Post
            The over exposure of those pictures looks kinda cool!
            That was the point of what i was trying to accomplish. I'll post up some originals which were unedited. I took them in Adobe RGB which tends to wash out color when posted on the internet. Adobe RGB is best for print work.

Camera is a Digital Rebel XT with a Tamron f/2.8 28-70mm lens. Hand held. I need a new tripod.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew A4 View Post
              That was the point of what i was trying to accomplish. I'll post up some originals which were unedited. I took them in Adobe RGB which tends to wash out color when posted on the internet. Adobe RGB is best for print work.

Camera is a Digital Rebel XT with a Tamron f/2.8 28-70mm lens. Hand held. I need a new tripod.
              Oh you edited them. They came out cool looking. Wouldnt CMYK be better for print? I always thought 4 color process was better for print and RGB was better for web. But I am not 100%.
              You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusZTS View Post
                  Oh you edited them. They came out cool looking. Wouldnt CMYK be better for print? I always thought 4 color process was better for print and RGB was better for web. But I am not 100%.
                  Adobe RGB is best for print work. sRGB which the other option in Canon Digital SLR cameras is best for web work.

Comment

I'm going to use one of those photos for my wallpaper. How do you like the Rebel XT? I've got a 10D, figured I'd upgrade to the 30D but it's pretty much the same as the 20D. So I've been waiting for the 40D to come out, but I'm thinking really I don't need that much camera. I've seen just as good of work with the XT. I've got a pretty nice collection of glass already (even one L ), so it makes sense to stick with Canon.
                    Scott

Comment

Which photo did you like best? I can see if i have the originals which are much higher resolution!

Comment

Which photo did you like best? I can see if i have the originals which are much higher resolution!
                        I like them all! If I had to pick, I'm stuck between "_mg_2185" and "_mg_2165". The resolution you posted works great for wallpaper, but thanks for the offer.
                        Scott

Comment

Anytime!

I'll be shooting more photos tomorrow now that i have my exhaust installed (those photos show the stock exhaust).

Then 19" wheels will be coming soon after. Hopefully a 14" brembo brake kit soon too.

Comment

Anytime!

I'll be shooting more photos tomorrow now that i have my exhaust installed (those photos show the stock exhaust).

Then 19" wheels will be coming soon after. Hopefully a 14" brembo brake kit soon too.
                            I'm drooling right now. I love Audi's!
                            Scott

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');