• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nxt Glass Cleaner removal help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt Glass Cleaner removal help???

Hi there. I apply Nxt glass cleaner on my car without any problems. I'm very happy with this product. The rain water just beads off the windscreen a bit and I like that. Only thing is I applied it on my sister's car windscreen and her wiper is juddering right now. Anyone knows how to remove the Nxt glass cleaner from the windscreen. What's the cause of this problem? I don't have this problem on my car? Funny?

I'll try using vinegar to clean her car viper's rubber tomorrow & see if its juddering some more...? If so then I need to remove it. Do you guys have this kind of problem before? Thank you kindly for you help.

Re: Nxt Glass Cleaner removal help???

The NXT Glass Cleaner isn't going to leave much behind, but if you want to remove it try some isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol).

Comment

There must be something else on the windshield that is causing the wipers to "chatter." Did any wax or sealant get on the windshield?

There could also be something wrong with the wipers. I found those "triple blade" type wipers to be more likely to "chatter." When were the wipers last changed?

It is very unlikely that NXT Glass Cleaner would cause the wipers to malfunction, unless there is some unusual chemical reaction between the NXT and the rubber.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

How old are her wipers? I'd try cleaning or replacing them first.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

I'm not sure as she usually take the car to service herself. But b4 I use the class cleaner the wiper is ok? After using the Nxt glass cleaner the windscreen is clean but the wiper judders.

I'll check the condition of the wiper in the morning. I'll clean it too. And see if its any changes. I'll let u guys know. Thks a lot guys.

Comment

I have found that when the wiper blades studder it means there is something bonded to the windscreen, and is more noticable since the glass cleaner has removed most of the gunk and just left the stubben bits behind(which the blades are catching on now). The easiest way I found to stop that was to clay the windsreen and the problem was solved.

Comment

Hi there MotorcycleDetailing. Thank u so much for your help. I didn't get do wash my sister's car for her yesterday as she was out. I'll try to wash the viper with vinegar & clay the windscreen. TQ.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorcycleDetailing View Post
                I have found that when the wiper blades studder it means there is something bonded to the windscreen, and is more noticable since the glass cleaner has removed most of the gunk and just left the stubben bits behind(which the blades are catching on now). The easiest way I found to stop that was to clay the windsreen and the problem was solved.
                try to clay with glass. that should take off whatever wipers are catching. i would also replace wipers.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');