• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lint!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lint!?!

Hi Folks,

Just finished a good wash last night on the pony. It wasn't especially hot so none of the water was drying by itself before I started my dry with a water mag. I only have one water mag and it was totally soaked before I was done. (When it's hotter and much of the water evaporates on its own, the one mag is enough.) So I finished off with a Supreme Shine MF. I noticed that it was leaving lint everywhere!!!!! I have never used my MFs for drying before... just buffing off wax and polish or QD. But I have still never noticed lint before.

Are the Supreme Shine MFs supposed to be lint free? Am I washing them incorrectly? I wash them in the washer with regular detergent just like I would anything else.... but my car towels get a load of their own. I don't wash them with other stuff.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Lint!?!

That's strange, because I've read that high quality MFT's are lint free or virtually lint free, so this is pretty interesting.

However now that you mention detergents, be sure you use detergents that do not have fabric softeners in your towels (including MFT's) or they will start to decrease their performance until they become practically useless
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

It may also be an idea to check the lint filter in your washer. Another thing, are you washing them on their own or with other towels etc?

Graeme

Comment

I wash my MFs with my wash mitts and water mags. Use cheer with no fabric softener. If it happens again I will take pics. I was very surprised to see the lint.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillmanator View Post
          I wash my MFs with my wash mitts and water mags. Use cheer with no fabric softener. If it happens again I will take pics. I was very surprised to see the lint.
          If it happens again, try washing the MF's separately and see if that solves the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillmanator View Post
            That's probably why you are getting lint on your car. Because I did that one tile and I got lint all over my MFT's. So I started washing them separate.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');