• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detail: 1973 K5 Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detail: 1973 K5 Blazer

My neighbor down the street has this pretty awesome '73 K5. Has a 468 motor, nice interior, nice paint, pretty much nice everything. He has seen my Camaro many times in my garage or around the neighborhood and wanted me to detail his K5 since he says my car is one of the cleanest he has seen in a long time. I told him I would do it if he helped me. He said sure, so I told him to bring it by at 9 this morning.

- Washed with Gold Class Car Soap.
    - Clay barred the whole truck.
    - #21 with a 9006 pad. The truck had hardly any swirls at all and the paint was in great shape.
    - Hot wheels tire shine on the tires. That was fun to do.
    - Metal polish on the rims.
    - Invisible Glass on the windows.
    - Natural Shine on the interior.
    - Trim Detailer on the black pieces on the outside and trim.
    - Probably other stuff I am forgetting.

Here is the car in my driveway. The paint was a lot more rough than I thought it would be. No worries, I busted out the clay bars.

After I washed the truck, I realized very quickly this truck had zero wax on it. The water would even sheet off. The water stuck to the truck. I have never seen that before.

Here is me doing one pass of #21. I think in this photo, the rims were done. Truck was washed, clayed, and now waxed with #21 with a 9006 pad.

While I was laying down the wax, the owner of the truck started working on the interior. Here it is after it was done.

And it finally done. I think it came out pretty decent.

Reflection shot. Looks a bit hazy because of the sun reflecting off the paint. Notice the ladder in the background? Had to use that to get the top of the hood and other areas. I'm 6'4" and I still had trouble reaching areas.

/Keith
    2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Re: Detail: 1973 K5 Blazer

Nicley Done....

The Truck is awesome....

Comment

Hey, truck turned out great!
      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Are you sure that's a '73? Or has it been highly modified? Because a few things don't look right for a '73...I don't think GM was using any of those stacked rectangular headlights until later, in fact, I don't think they had any rectangular headlights in '73. Also, the dash cluster and the multifunction turn signal stalk look of newer vintage, and possibly the Chevy logo on the steering wheel. If all that is factory, I don't see how that truck could be any older than a '76.

Nice job on the detail, tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
          Are you sure that's a '73? Or has it been highly modified? Because a few things don't look right for a '73...I don't think GM was using any of those stacked rectangular headlights until later, in fact, I don't think they had any rectangular headlights in '73. Also, the dash cluster and the multifunction turn signal stalk look of newer vintage, and possibly the Chevy logo on the steering wheel. If all that is factory, I don't see how that truck could be any older than a '76.

I'm pretty sure the body of the truck is a 73, but with newer parts on it. I know the front bumper isn't from a 73. Reason it's a 73 is because he doesn't have to smog it in Cali. That started in 1974.

There really isn't anything stock about this truck. I just realized I forgot to get under the hood pics.

Thanks for the compliments.
          /Keith
          2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Way to go Kman, great job!
            SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sydster View Post
              Way to go Kman, great job!
              Thanks man! I got hardly any sleep last night. I was a bit nervous. Never done a truck this big...not even close. The look on the owners face when it was done and he stepped back and looked it made it all worth it.
              /Keith

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

My buddy got a new to him 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport (I6 motor) yesterday. He came by after I did the Blazer and I did a quick 45 minute detail on his Jeep. He just wanted it clean for school tomorrow.

- Washed with Gold Class
                - Applied #21 via 9006 pad. (Paint was very smooth, didn't need any clay bar)
                - Hot Wheels Tire Shine
                - Invisible Glass on the windows.
                - Trim Detailer on the plastic trim.

/Keith

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Just talked to the owner. I guess the front clip is from a 1985 since he liked that look a lot more. He said that bumper never came on Blazers.
                  /Keith

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Your neighbor must be thrilled that not only does his truck look a WHOLE lot better, but it's got some protection now too! And your buddy can now go to school with pride in his ride! =) Beautiful jobs!!

Comment

Really great work. The blazer is a sweet ride. Looks really good. You also did a nice detail on the Jeep. way to go.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice work and nice truck! That one needs a forklift to detail!
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Excellent work, the only thing left to do is to remove the hard top...
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks guys!

Wanna hear the kicker? He is putting it up for sale in the next week or so. He got a Dodge Dart that he wants to rebuild. How much should he ask for it? Everything is turn key except the heater isn't hooked up.
                            /Keith

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Amazing job. that must have took awhile wow.
                              02 Ford F250 Super Duty
                              International T444E 7.3L Diesel
                              Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
                              Straight Piped
                              PHP FU chip

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');