• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe-d-greaser=white residue???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe-d-greaser=white residue???

First off let me say that this stuff worked great on my motor @ 1:4, but after I rinsed the motor off and it dried there was a white residue on everything. I will say that it was very easy to wipe off, and I even used a brush in certain place and it came right off, almost like a powder I was sweeping away. What did I do wrong?

Re: Safe-d-greaser=white residue???

I don't know if you did anything wrong cause I have had the same problems even after following the directions. Will be egarly looking forward to Mikes response.

Comment

It's called residue... it's chemical residue that was not completely rinsed off. Next time try rinsing while aggitating with a brush to insure all of the residue is removed during the rinsing process.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I did my motor with the same stuff 4:1 and didn't get any residue. I think the key is to rinse off before it starts to dry. I misted whole area once again during cleaning to keep it wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mless5 View Post
          I did my motor with the same stuff 4:1 and didn't get any residue. I think the key is to rinse off before it starts to dry. I misted whole area once again during cleaning to keep it wet.
          I've used it twice and no residue. The first time I used it, I forgot to dilute it ans no residue either.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');