• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Polishing

I heard some say you should only polish about once a year. Is this referring to an orbital only or DA (PC) also? I don't plan on using anything real harsh: PC, a light cutting pad (at the most) with maybe a fine scratch remover/polish. How often do DA owners use it on the same car?

Re: DA Polishing

That is really referring to old school products that are real abrasive.

Using a pure polish and wax could be done every day forever just about. Using a mild cleaner, like #80, or #82, could be done monthly for the life of a car, though you will probably find you don't even need that often, unless you are addicted.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by JJ1 View Post
      I heard some say you should only polish about once a year. Is this referring to an orbital only or DA (PC) also? I don't plan on using anything real harsh: PC, a light cutting pad (at the most) with maybe a fine scratch remover/polish. How often do DA owners use it on the same car?

I use mine about 6 times a year on my truck and have no worries about using it 6 or even more times. I don't always use the same products it varies just about every time I use my PC, that said its always good to use the least aggressive product to get the job done.

Touching on what Murr said, with the proper washing/drying methods you shouldn't need #80/#83 for swirl removal all that often.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks! That eases my mind since I had to use the PC about 3 times within 6 months to work out some old marring and might go over it one more time.
        Last edited by JJ1; Jan 24, 2007, 03:55 PM. Reason: need to clarify

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');