• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Quik Out, Before and After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Quik Out, Before and After

Over the last weekend I had my first opportunity to try out Meguiar’s new 2007 product Quik Out. I have had the product in my arsenal for quite some time however, never really had the chance to use it.

On Saturday night I was working in my garage on my shifter kart. I had built two motors that evening and I was covered in grease and oil. I heard the phone ring inside so I ran into the house with out taking off my dirty shoes. Bad idea. The next morning I came down my stairs to see a nice grease stain in my living room. At that point I new exactly what it was from, me not taking off my dirty shoes. Like many other Meguiar’s users I started to reach for my APC and my carpet brush. This product has taken care of all my carpet needs for quite sometime. I realized that I had a bottle of Quik Out in my car that I brought home from the office and thought that this would be a perfect first time to use it. Here are my results.

White carpet plus me = trouble

We will call this Stain 1. This is a combination of grease, oil and dirt. The stain is very embedded into the fibers.

This is a close up shot of stain 1. I do not have a great camera so sorry if the pictures of not of high quality.

Here is the other nice little stain. Not as bad as stain 1 but still nasty.

Looking at the stain from the doorway from my garage.

Following directions, I applied a good amount of the Quik Out to the stained areas and allowed the oxygen-activated formula to go to work. I am kind of old school so I would normally spray, then brush the area out like crazy. However I allowed the products to work with out me using a brush at all. As you can see after about 2 minutes, the formula is taking action and lifting the stain away.

After 5 minutes, before using a clean towel to blot the area, the stain is completely gone.

This is the dramatic results of stain 1.

The final result. Very Happy

If anyone has any questions about this product at all please feel free to contact me or anyone of the Meguiar's Customer Care guys. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
    Last edited by Ash Erickson; Jan 24, 2007, 08:38 AM. Reason: not working
    Ash Erickson
    Marine / RV Sales & Training Rep.
    Meguiar's Inc.
    800.854.8073 Ext. 165
    aserickson@meguiars.com

Re: Meguiar's Quik Out, Before and After

That is absolutely impressive. This product is a new "must have" for the many possible uses it implies. Thanks for showing a true test of it under real circumstances.

Comment

Worked great. Thanks for doing the write up, it's always nice to see the products in action. That's defiantly added to my list of things to buy now.
      Scott

Comment

That's awesome! What's even better is I picked up this product a couple days ago (not knowing of any reviews on it). Now, I can't wait to use it myself!
        -Mike

Comment

Hey that would really be handy to have around the house! Its not just for vehicles.

Is this going to be sold as a car care product or in the household cleaners(when it comes to retail stores)?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

i have to try this product out myself first hand ......will this be sold at Autozone or Kragen? Have not seen this new product yet in stores

Comment

I got one, that I purchased on a meguiar's class and I used it all in my house, I have a 2 years old that puts stain all the time on my area rug, now I need it for my car and I can't find it..
              Please Meguiar's people get this to Pepboys or Kragen or Autozone... After the rain yesterday, I need to clean the carpet of my car.....
              Awesome product!!!!!
              Women wear shinny, men drive it...
              Click on link to see signature picture:
              http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...a/500/Tano.jpg

Comment

Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');