• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Posts

Mike,

Did MOL suffer another disk crash? I noticed several posts in a couple of threads I was watching today are gone.
    Bob
    2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
    Click Here for pics of my Mustang

I noticed the same thing today! Strange.

Comment

missing posts

I had a couple of posts that I didn't write with my name at the top. And my gallery is gone.
      Last edited by Andy M.; Jul 14, 2004, 05:44 PM.
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Hi all,

I feel so bad.

I spoke with David Bynon today about what happened and here's what he told me. He thinks there is a problem with Meguiar’s Online discussion forum that is causing the server to crash. He did some testing and feels he has confirmed there is a problem. He's not exactly sure what it is at this time however.

Today around 10:00am, parts of the forum database crashed and David had to reload the complete database from the most recent backup which was midnight last night.

For what it's worth, I lost three very long write-ups, as well as numerous posts. I have just finished recreating all everything that was lost.

The lesson I have learned is this,

In the future, I will always copy and paste my entire post into Microsoft Word and save it. Then, should something go wrong, I don't have to rethink all of the words, or code all of the pictures, or format all of the text.

I can guarantee you, I'm not one for doing jobs twice, once is enough and I always try to do it right the first time.

My advise to many of you that write very well thought out replies pouring yourself into your message in an effort to help others and add to the community in a positive way, (which I am very thankful for by the way), that you do as I am doing as copy and past your posts into MS Word, or some other text processing software and save it. At least until we have worked out the bugs.

We will overcome any problems, Meguiar's Online is here for the long run.

Recently, some requested that we upgrade to the newest version of vbulletin. This is what David will be testing this weekend. It's possible Meguiar's Online will be down on Saturday for the changes.

Again I'm sorry for all the havoc that has been wreaked.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

lost posts

I am also getting e-mail notification for post that i am not subscribed to.
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Re: lost posts

Originally posted by 101impala
            Well...that's a new one! Sorry! It will be looked into!

As to the pictures, yep, some of mine are gone as well due to the crash. I had to reload them.

Again, sorry and thank you for being patient.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Re: lost posts

Originally posted by 101impala
              We'll have to bill you for this extra feature.

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,

I wrote to Arie Slob over at windowsbbs.com and asked him if he was having any problems with his new vbulletin software, and he said everything was working OK so far.

I meant to get back with you about this before now.
                r. b.

Comment

Another site you might check out is www.stangnet.net. They have been running vBulletin Version 3.0.0 since its release and prior to that each pre-release version. Come to think of it I cannot remember the last time Stangnet was down. Stangnet has over 65,000 members with typically several hundred on at any point and time (it is 2am EST now and there are 326 users on) and there are almost 2 million posts. Seems pretty rock solid. Michael Raburn (mraburn@gmail.com) is the guy that owns it, he might be worth talking to.
                  Bob
                  2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
                  Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');