• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#20 Polymer Sealant Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you get blue painter's tape? I am not familiar with it. Does it come off easier than regular masking tape. I do know that masking tape can be hard to remove if you leave it on too long.

Masking off trim is an excellent idea and I can see where it would save a lot of time removing wax residue. I never even thought of that until I read these forums.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Home Depot. Lowe's, or any hardware store will have the blue tape. It does not harm the finsih of what it sticks to, like regular masking tape can.

John

Comment

Hey RamAirV1,

I use 3M's Blue painters safe release masking tape. As the other poster noted, you can obtain it at Home Depot etc. It is a lot better and safer to use than regualr masking tape.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Blue Painter's Tape

Tim and JBR, thanks for the tip. Regular masking tape can get real nasty if you don't remove it quickly. Plus I hate when I try to take masking tape off and it doesn't all come off on the first pull adntne I have to pick at it.

Lots of rubber trim on the GTO, so this could be a big time saver. Tech Wax doesn't stain the trim but if my applicator gets near it it turns black from picking up some of the rubber.

RamAirV1
          Last edited by RamAirV1; Jul 18, 2004, 04:17 PM.
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

A co-worker looked at my car and said that with all that black trim your best bet would be to tape it off before waxing. I have owed him a big thank you ever since. I went to Target and bout some 3M blue tape and it worked great. No residue left behind, came off in one pull, and no stained trim. Just one of those little things that makes a big differance.
            Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');