• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My crazy friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My crazy friend

I have a friend (Eagle One fan) who swears to god that hand polishing has given him better results that a PC. Is this even possible? Is he insane? or if done for 4 hours, will hand polishing yield the same results? Can a pro with really big muscles imitate machine results by hand if given enought time?
    I sometimes judge people by the cleanliness of their car.
    Take the Car Crazy Test

Re: My crazy friend

Originally posted by NewlyCarCrazy
    I have a friend (Eagle One fan) who swears to god that hand polishing has given him better results that a PC. Is this even possible? Is he insane? or if done for 4 hours, will hand polishing yield the same results? Can a pro with really big muscles imitate machine results by hand if given enought time?
    It is possible that he might be able to get results as good as the PC given enough time but, better? I doubt it. It would take him a lot longer to achieve results than it would with the PC. I would just roll my eyes and say "whatever dude" next time he says that. Then when you are done with your car before he is done with his go sit in a lawn chair nearby and keep saying "are you done yet" every 5 minutes while he is working his arse off. One of my favorite sayings is "work smarter, not harder".
    Last edited by rjstaaf; Jul 14, 2004, 08:55 PM.
    Bob
    2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
    Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Re: Re: My crazy friend

Originally posted by rjstaaf
      It is possible that he might be able to get results as good as the PC given enough time but, better? I doubt it. It would take him a lot longer to achieve results than it would with the PC. I would just roll my eyes and say "whatever dude" next time he says that. Then when you are done with your car before he is done with his go sit in a lawn chair nearby and keep saying "are you done yet" every 5 minutes while he is working his arse off. One of my favorite sayings is "work smarter, not harder".
      I was thinking something like that ! Also on a car with paint in already excellent condition it is very possible to get the same results but I doubt better. put some swirls in his paint and see if he can get them all out by hand.
      If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Hey,

Well considering that the PC mimics what we do by hand, with a speed up to 6000 RPM, it would be pretty hard for anyone to surpass the results that can be obtained with a PC by hand. Just IMHO!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

If his friends name is ScottWax, than that blows all these theories to heck!

I just started using the PC and there is no doubt it does the job quicker and better. I can't believe how much better my cars look. The swirls came out like magic. I did my Blazer this weekend and I couldn't even imagine how long it would have taken to do by hand. It’s still a lot of work. I don't know how some of you guys take care of those big trucks and SUVs!

I'm looking forward to getting more time behind the PC and learning more about how to get even better results. I have a lot to learn regarding pads, chemicals, application, technique, etc.
          A great finish begins with the right start!

Comment

Originally posted by fiberrich
            I don't know how some of you guys take care of those big trucks and SUVs!

You mean like mine:

I spend at least 14 hours to detail my truck! But then again, that includes taping, rotary work, PC work and any other details.

And yes....I did detail the wheel wells after the picture was taken. It was really cold at the time and I was frozen already!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Yep, one of those!

Doing the Blazer wasn't too bad, but I was tired when I was done vs. when I did my cars. But the Blazer needed a lot more polishing done to it. The roof rack was a bit of a pain (of course, it always is during a wash also), but the Meg's. 6.5-inch pads fit in nicely between the rubber roof rib supports.

The finish still needs some work, but I got a good start on it and so my next detailing session on it should be easier. However, I think I'll wait for a while!

By the way, very nice looking truck!
              A great finish begins with the right start!

Comment

Tim, how often you take a rotary to that thing?!?

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');