• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seat Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Cleaning

My leather interior has perforated seats, how do I keep the leather cleaner from clogging these perforations

I've had good luck using woolite diluted (6:1). It's safe for leather and anything else in the interior. The viscosity is thin enough it shouldn't clog the perforations....just my $02.

Comment

I've got a leather wrapped steering wheel which is partially perforated leather. The area I clean is deffinitely much smaller than seats, but I occosionally take an old tooth brush with leather cleaner to it and really get it scrubbed good in the perforations and in the stitching where dirt can hide. This works pretty well. So I'd suggest trying a soft brush on a section and seeing if that works.
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Re: Seat Cleaning

Originally posted by 89porsche944
        My leather interior has perforated seats, how do I keep the leather cleaner from clogging these perforations
        Hi 89porsche944...Welcome to MOL!

I would work the leather cleaner into the applicator before applying it, and if you have any get into the pores, just use a soft brush to remove the residue, as was mentioned above.
        r. b.

Comment

I agree. I applied the Glod Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner to my CLK interior (with perforated leather) last weekend using the yellow Meguiars application pad.

So far, I do not see any clogging on the leather. If there is, there should only be a few. I can use a tooth pick to fix that easy.

One thing I don't like is the leather became darker, even after a whole week.

Comment

Come to think of it, I've used that method on my leather tennis shoes (With pores), and had no clogs afterwards.
            r. b.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');