• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which wash mitt do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: which wash mitt do you prefer?

I usually grab a rag from under the sink. Just kidding, I use Natural Lambswool.
    If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Comment

I've been using natural lambswool and I really like it, EXCEPT I don't know if I'm not taking proper care of it but it is ripping to shreads and I've only had it for about 4 months or about 30-40 washes.

I'm actually looking to replace it this week and was open to suggestions.
      ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I have tried H ome depot grout sponge does NOT work swirl city.

Microfiber mitt cleans well but does not release dirt.

cotton chenille Viking brand with cotton loogo on it does pretty good.

My fav is a Lambswool mitt.

Comment

I just bought 18 pieces of microfiber wash mitt, i just don't know why

Comment

The ones from Lowes are $1.97. Back in the tile section, near carpet and flooring. My store had boxes of them. I'll be using ONR for the first time this weekend and will give it a try.
            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I actually just got the Meguiars Ultra Chenille Wash Pad and it is a good product but sheds its fibers a bit
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I used a Microfiber Wash Mitt I bought at Target. The outside works great, but after the 3rd wash or so the interior started falling apart. It functions fine just feels weird putting my hand in there since there's some torn fabric.

I thought of getting a lambswool one next but after reading these posts, I think I'll just get a quality MF mitt again, hopefully one that lasts longer.

Comment

MF. gentle on paint and makes it easy washing my mitt with my water magnet and soft touch.
                  Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                  baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

I love the dogbone-shaped microfiber sponge with the dreadlocks on one side, and the bug-scraper texture on the other side. I think I got mine at WallyWorld for a few bucks.

Comment

I got a MF mitt with dreadlocks at Target to keep at the fiance's house for her car. Probably will try it out next week, we'll have to see how the dreadlocks work.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Sorry,can't vote.I use good quality sponges.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                          I got a MF mitt with dreadlocks at Target to keep at the fiance's house for her car. Probably will try it out next week, we'll have to see how the dreadlocks work.
                          Do post back about that mitt, Murr. I've seen those in the stores, but was a bit skeptical about them.

I see your Penguins knocked off the Hurricanes.
                          r. b.

Comment

I like microfiber.

Comment

Gotta love the dogbone-shaped MF dreadlock-wrapped sponges :thumb:
                              Has the bug-scrubbing netting on one side for washing the headlights and side mirror housings, and the dreadlocks on the other side for everything else =).
                              Got mine at WallyWorld, but my guess is that any chain store carries their version of it.

I also have a different MF wash mitt, but apparently it was designed with Sasquatch's hand in mind. It's a bit too large to go over my hand, and also too large to grasp like a sponge, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper View Post
                                Do post back about that mitt, Murr. I've seen those in the stores, but was a bit skeptical about them.
                                Well, we cant all have 4 straight seasons drafting 1st and 2nd overall.....

Though apparently I lied about the mitt. It was a Vroom brand one, but not dreads. It is a big blue MF, and it looks like the dreads were cut to fray. It actually worked very well though, held tons of water, and scrubbed nicely.
                                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');