• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Sebring makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Sebring makeover

Thank you Meguiars!!! You made me love my car again. This is my 2001 Sebring Sedan. This oxidation was caused by the sprinklers at my condo that run off of well water.

I found the Meguiars Deep Crystal System by visiting the Meguiars website and seeing what could possibly remove this. I thought I'd give it a try but didn't hold out much hope. I thought I'd end up paying big bucks for a professional detailer to do it.

Short story about my car - I visited the Chrysler dealership and test drove the Sebrings and really liked the cars, but I saw on the website that a "Steel Blue" color was available. I said I want to buy one but only in that color. They called me back a week later saying they had that color in. I loved it on site and bought it. Then that color was ruined by the well water and I almost hated being seen in it the color was so ugly. Anyways, thanks again Meguiars, you've got a loyal customer for life!

Before:

After:

AWESOME!! Big differenece. Impressive results with DC system. Good job.

Comment

Excellent Job!

Isn't it great to find products that actually deliver, and you enjoy working with them!

I'm happy for you! You've got your car back the way is was painted!

My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

What products did you use ?

Ive presently got water spots from so much rain / hot sun here recently and they're all over my car.. I Just gave it a clean and its not coming off so I'll need a bit more agressive ofa product.

I have the 3 step process but will clay first as theres a lot of bugs and particles on the surface of my paint... Was this #1 deep crystal paint cleaner in the red bottle ??

If so awesome, i've got it already and it did wonders for my paint before I got the new paint job ..

what other products/technique did you use ?

Awesome result too! nicely done.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments.

This was done using the Deep Crystal 3 step method. Step 1 with the paint cleaner took a lot of elbow grease on the really bad parts like the hood and fender you see in the pictures. I didn't clay the car that time but probably will next time.

Step 1: Wash and dry
          Step 2: Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
          Step 3: Deep Crystal Polish
          Step 4: Deep Crystal Wax

All in all it took about 5 or 6 hours but that also also includes a lot of the other detailing treatments like vacuuming and stuff.

Good luck and let us know how the water spots come out.
          Last edited by grover; Jul 26, 2004, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Re: Newbie Sebring makeover

i see the steps as

1) wash and dry
            2)clay
            3)paint cleaner
            4)polish
            5)wax
            6)maintaining

the true meguiar steps are all that without the clay step but i alterd the steps a little..lol i see my steps as an updated version
            - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

looks good

Comment

That's awsome! Be careful this stuff is addictive.

Comment

Way to go very nice work.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');