• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You and auto part stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You and auto part stores

The bulk of my supplies come from ADS. However, I do patronize ONE individual O'Reily's because they will stock the items I need routinely, and will order anything in the store system master inventory froon of shipping charges.

I get most of my hard parts through my regular mechanic. (can't do repair work on my own cars anymore)

Comment

I guess not! jajaja

Comment

If they don't have what I want I leave.
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Alot of the time I go in and can't find the product I'm looking for. I had to go to several places to find NXT Car Wash
          01 Tacoma 4x4 X/C V6 Imperial Jade

"Oh, oh Marty, here's you keys. You're all waxed up, ready for tonight"
          Biff Tannen

Comment

Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange View Post
            I chose Always buy something that relates to a car as my response, but I should qualify that:

I only step into an autoparts store when I go there with intent to buy something specific, so my buying to visiting ratio is extremely high. I don't recall ever going to an auto parts store just to look around.
            That's awesome, took the words out of my mouth.

I look up parts on the internet then go to my local stores after calling them on prices and get what I need. Partsamerica.com is for Schucks which we have and often times I print the price sheet from online and get it for that price if it's cheaper of course. I got rear rotors, brake pads for 1/2 off by printing the ad online at a local Schucks, the lady said it was probably an error on the site. The price was for the cheaper rotors and brake pads.

Our local stores don't carry much Meguiars. We have a BlackBird in Medford that carries a lot of stuff and a GI Joes that carries a fair amount of stuff and I usually go there for stuff.

Aaron
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I'm usually there just to buy cleaning supplies, or to see if they have a clearanced out cleaning supplies

Otherwise, I order everything online. It feels so cool to get a package in the mail!

Comment

I'd rather mail order my products. The MO stores always seem to have what I order in stock and it arrives an a couple days to my door. I can't ever remember a B&M store having everything I need so I just don't go there anymore.
                Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

I live in australia so when you look at a car detailing range in an auto store your looking at light cut,swirl remover,show car glaze,consumer step1,2and 3and not much more so I usually walk out empty handed shaking my head.

Comment

Anything i can get my greedy little fingers on . lol

Comment

When I go to our local Parts Plus Store, it is for a Reason. Most times it is to get a specific part or product. On occasion it will be for advice or information, as I have been dealing with one of their counter persons for the past 30+ years. Another plus is that they are also a full line Auto Body Supply and carry Meguiar's products. Their prices on Meguiar's products are a bit higher but they have what I want when I need it or can get it in short order. So I rarely leave without purchasing something.
                      Frank
                      "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I love detailing my car and hifi music, before buying any items i read forums to know what they really are.
                        If the shops have what i want i go for it.

Comment

usually just cleaning products for me... especially hard-to-find ones.
                          But that's just me. Hope that helped though...

Comment

Even if I do go in for some kind of auto part for repair, I always check the isle with all the waxes a car care products. Only to check out what Megs products they have in stock, which is usually disappointing.

Andy
                            101impala
                            Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I'm usually in to just get oil & the filters & I'm out. I went in once to buy som GC wash and since they didn't have any in stock that's when I walked out empty handed. HOW COULD THEY NOT HAVE ANY IN STOCK!
                              Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                              www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                              Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

last time i went to pep boys, i got some Meg's GC Shampoo and New Bosch ICON Wiper Blades for my BMW
                                AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');