• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You and auto part stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You and auto part stores

I always have something in mind when i go in and if i dont find it i will walk out empty handed.

Comment

I always go for something and walk out with something and some air fresheners. For detailing supplies, ADS and sometimes Autogeek. We also have a local "auto detailing supply" store here that I am going to try out tonite.
      If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I voted nothing at all. Well, unless I need an auto part. I don't buy detailing supplies there because they usually don't carry much of the Pro Line and no Detailer Line.

Comment

I always go in to these stores, Kragens,AutoZone,Pep Boys,Napa mainly Pep Boys as they seem to carry more Meguiars than anybody

Comment

I voted for "just cleaning supplies" but many times I walk out empty-handed. Most times I just drop in to see if anything's on sale or clearance. 2 weeks ago I ended up with 24 bottles of Invisible Glass for .95 each doing that.
            If there's nothing on clearance or sale for a great price, I leave empty-handed.
            Heatgain (Gary)
            The Irate Magistrate
            Neutral & Detached

Comment

I put "Always..." because whenever I go to my neighborhood Kragen store I always winding up treating myself to something for detailing. They always seem to have great prices.
              "Surely you can't be serious!?"
              "I am serious....and don't call me Shirley."

Comment

I would reckon I buy 90+ % of the time,so technically not always,but neither empty handed.

Comment

Originally posted by cornflake_81 View Post
                  I usually just go to O'Reilly's, and since they carry Meguiar's pro line stuff, its hard to leave empty handed.
                  I'm quoting an old post, but I just noticed that one of their stores is going up just a few blocks from here.

If they carry the pro line then I will have to pay them a visit.
                  r. b.

Comment

Our local auto parts store is ... "not the best". If I order something, they refuse to call me when it's in. They will leave you standing at the counter waiting while they "shoot the breeze" with the old guy in front of you for 1/2 hour. The pricing is way out of whack, and if you ask for a meguiar's product they insist you give them a product number because they dont know how else to find it.

I buy what I must there and that's about it.

Comment

Most of the stores carry a decent number of Meguiar's products, but nothing I don't already have and usually priced much higher than I can get stuff online. If I need single item, I may pick it up from a local store to avoid shipping; but if I can put it off until I make a full order, I would much rather do that.
                      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                      Calais Auto Detailing
                      CalaisDetails@aim.com
                      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

This is a bad question!! LOL I never walk into one UNLESS I NEED SOMETHING, thus I always walk out with something I guess...

BTW, "Final Inspection" IS THE BOMB... I use it on my motorcycle.
                        First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Topic...Love The Show

Comment

yup, like Jeff said, I dont go into the auto parts store unless I am specifically looking for at least one thing. I will leave empty-handed if they dont have the product I am specifically looking for (like some might not have M07 or #26), but since I usually only go to the few stores I know carry what I want, I usually leave with what I came in for and likely a couple of extras (often more MFs, etc).
                          2010 XRS

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt2006 View Post
                            Do you walk out of a auto part store empty handed? Every time I go to a store that has to do with cars I need to buy something for it. Like cleaning supplies, new mats, air freshners even decals.
                            Yup, and I even by parts there too!
                            BobbyG

Comment

I buy cleaning supplies most of the time. Sometimes the stuff they stock is pretty good. Especially Lucas Oil fluids (Synth oil suppliment, oil treatment, gas treatment, etc). And I like having them order parts...they get parts insanely faster than ordering parts online myself.
                              Shane
                              Cardomain ยท HINcity

Comment

Very often I will walk out empty handed. Mainly because most Canadian auto parts stores do not a deep enough line of Meguiars products

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');