• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new bike

Well I just bought my first bike, its not the newest or fastest thing but I paid for it in cash, it was a great deal and is in great shape. Pics below:

Its a 1997 GSXR 600, has 91xx miles, K&N filter, Vance and Hines slip on, Flushmounts ect..Future mods are Full Yoshi exhaust, Yoshi jetted carbs, and a fender eliminator. I have all of them just waiting to install

Process:

-Clean the wheels with all wheel cleaner+dawn+water, dry.
    -Clay the bike with Speed detailer and clay bar.
    -Clean with Speed detailer.
    -Wax with some Megs cleaner way.
    -Clean Glass and mirrors.
    -Then grab a fist full of throttle.

Thanks!
    -2001 Silverstone Metallic Honda s2000 #8217
    -1997 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Re: My new bike

nice bike be safe

Comment

Congrats on the new bike, looks good!! I haven't had the opportunity to detail a bike yet...looks like fun. Be careful...watch out for critters & crazy people.
      "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Enjoy that new bike of yours!! Looks nice!!

Comment

great Bike..... I like the GSXR Line..... have fun and drive safe

Comment

Awesome. I love to see bikes on this site. Just the other day, I was wondering when would I see a bike detailed on MOL. And now u have it. Nice Suzuki GSX. I always wanted a GSX when I saw Vanila Ice in the movie in the Yellow GSX. And Kevin Schwantz is my hero. Cool....How much did u pay for the GSX by the way....? Great work & happy riding ur new bike.

Ride safely.

Comment

Nice bike. Looks good, Be safe and enjoy!
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Don't know if u could use PlastX could get rid of the swirls at the mph meter reading....?

Comment

Glad to see you didn't put Tire Shine on. I've heard of a lot of new riders doing this and then dropping their bike a few feet from their driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by NgoWay View Post
                    Glad to see you didn't put Tire Shine on. I've heard of a lot of new riders doing this and then dropping their bike a few feet from their driveway.
                    Wow have people actually done that? I joke about it sometimes, but would someone really do that?

Sweet bike!! That blue is pretty, and it looks like it's in great shape! Have fun on it; just make sure you wear your gear (I'm sure you've probably heard that a lot!)...
                    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

97 GIXXER, It looks like you got yourself a weekender in pretty good shape considering that most of the gixxers are stunters or they take it to the track.....
                      Congrats man, wear your gear and be safe out there...and look out for the soccer moms and those huge suburbans...

Now join the gixxer forum..

Good luck
                      Women wear shinny, men drive it...
                      Click on link to see signature picture:
                      http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...a/500/Tano.jpg

Comment

sweet bike you got there clean!!!! Speaking of bikes and wax hah

Just a little cleaner wax when it was first bought.. As stock can get hah, was not no longer then a 2 monthes before it got a new look bike maybe get's 20-50miles on just the weekend, (bikes does not get riden on the weekday's) sits more then it gets started.. I got more pics of the new look, if anybody is inter. i can start a thread or maybe just post 1 here if thats alright..
                        http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...g_sig_copy.jpg

Comment

sweet bike you got there clean!!!! Speaking of bikes and wax hah

Just a little cleaner wax when it was first bought.. As stock can get hah, was not no longer then a 2 monthes before it got a new look bike maybe get's 20-50miles on just the weekend, (bikes does not get riden on the weekday's) sits more then it gets started.. I got more pics of the new look, if anybody is inter. i can start a thread or maybe just post 1 here if thats alright..
                          http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...g_sig_copy.jpg

Comment

Beautiful! One of the original mad Gixxers! Please do revalve the front forks and check the rear damper as well, good idea if you go for aftermarket item, as probably the rear damper is shot. And also, fit a steering damper too. These original Gixxers can be quite a handful! Other than that, ride carefully, and go mad only at the tracks or empty, quite canyon roads. Had a chance to ride it's 750 brethren a couple of years back at Sepang International Circuit : scary, wheelspins at sharp corner exits, wants to wheelie everytime the thorttle is cracked open more than 60%, crazy lean angles, super top end. Marvelous!
                            yep, so little posts, 'cause you guys have have made it easier for me, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bernard78 View Post
                              Don't know if u could use PlastX could get rid of the swirls at the mph meter reading....?
                              i had the exact same thought!
                              Fiat Bravo 1.4S 12V : My Pride & Joy
                              ShowYourSound

(\__/)
                              (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
                              (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');