• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ouick Out and coffee stain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouick Out and coffee stain

I posted most of this on "another forum or two", but since I have now used Quick Out Carpet Stain Remover, I am posting here.

I spilled about 1/4 cup of coffee on the grey carpet in my 2007 Dodge Ram. The spill was limited to a small area (the hump of the front floor). Fortunately I had several terry towels in the truck when it happened. I immediately used a dry towel to soak up as much of the spill as possible. I followed up by saturating the area several times with clear cold water soaking it up immediately. When I got home I soaked it with Woolite and let it sit for about five minutes. Then I rinsed it with cool water and again soaked up as much of the moisture as possible.

As soon as I had a chance I headed for Autozone to get some Quick Out. I used it as directed but still have a slight discoloration in the carpet. How many applications should I attempt with this product. I don't want to use it again until it warms up a bit. Our temperature is hovering around zero.

Tom

Re: Ouick Out and coffee stain

Even with this

Before and After next to each other for reference.

Before:

After:

I had yellow colored stains. But this was a cutomers car, who bought the car like this, so I have no clue how long the coffee had been sitting there. I think after about 3 times, if it doesn't come all the way out, I would call it a real stain. Try this. Pre-treat your stain with a stain treatment of your choice. Then get 2 large buckets. Go in the house and fill them with HOT water. Add some of your favorite carpet cleaning solution to one of them. put some of the mixture on the stain, let it sit for 30-60sec. and then scrub it with an interior brush. The use the other bucket of HOT water for rinse. Keep doing this until you are satisfied, or your arms fall off (which ever comes first). It helps if you have a wet vac, or extractor. (the above method is how I removed the stains from teh above pictures.) I also tried vinegar / hot water, which worked on my car (black interior), but did not work for this car.
    Schotography

Comment

I forgot to mention 2 things.

1) Hot water tneds to work better than cold water IMO.

2) Here is a link to my thread, incase you find any helpful info there.

Schotography

Comment

Eventually it is going to be warm enough to have another go at removing the remaining slight discloration from my coffee spill. I have not messed with this for several weeks.

Should I spray the area (which is small) with Quick Out, apply a little hot water to the area and scrub with a soft bristlte brush, let sit and then rinse with hot water. I have always avoided using hot water to remove stains.

I do not have a water extractor but I do have a shop vac. However, I think that on this carpeting a terry towel soaking up the moisture would be better.

Tom

Comment

IMO, hot water helps to remove dirt better, but you run the chance of setting a protein stain (blood, food). I don't think a hot water rinse will help too much over a warm/cold rinse, after you've presprayed and worked the stain, but this is my opinion, others have apparently had good/great luck with hot water.
          The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');