• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just recently got the g-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just recently got the g-100

I had a quick question for all of you. I have just recently purchased the g-100 and used it to polish and wax 3 or 4 cars so far. I absolutely love the results and think that it is amazing. One thing though, it seems like the next day I have some pretty intense stiffness/pain in my neck. It's not that big of a deal, but I was wondering if this is normal and something I will get used to after a while and not really even notice anymore, or am I doing something wrong. I just wanted to check and see to make sure that I wasn't using this amazing new too incorrectly.
    Thanks for any input you have.
    Jarred
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Re: Just recently got the g-100

You could be standing a bit hunched over when working. Have to try and keep good posture.

Or you might just not be used to using you arms/shoulders in that way, and might want some light weights to stretch and work out with a bit as well.

I think a while back Mike posted his 'detailing workout'.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

More than likely it is from applying pressure to the G-100. When you're working on something close (the quarterpanel, edge of hood, etc.) it's not that bad. But when your doing the portion of the hood, roof, trunk, ect that is not that close, you lose the leverage. Therefore, applying pressure to the machine is a lot more demanding of your back, neck and shoulders. I noticed the first time I used the G-100 I was thinking, "Why does my back and shoulders feel tired? I thought this thing was suppose to be easy!" Well, it's a whole lot better than doing it by hand. I'm sure a lot of it is you are using muscles that haven't been used in a while. All activities use different muscles in different ways. Not saying you are out of shape, just that most of us don't have regular activities that simulate using a buffer.
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the response guys, and yeah i'm pretty sure that it was probably just a series of muscles that were getting worked out in different ways than they have before and I agree with areas such as the middle of the hood and roof. You do have a lot less leverage when polishing these areas. I just wanted to make sure I was using it correctly, it seems like I am and that it'll just be a process of making these muscles more used to it.

Thanks again,
        Jarred
        Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');