• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RV or horse trailer detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV or horse trailer detailing

Do any of you guys or gays, detail RV's or horse trailer. If so what do you do ie polish, wax . How do charge, by the foot or by the job. Was aked to give a price on a horse trailer.

Re: RV or horse trailer detailing

Originally posted by hot rod View Post
    Do any of you guys or gays, detail RV's or horse trailer. If so what do you do ie polish, wax . How do charge, by the foot or by the job. Was aked to give a price on a horse trailer.
    Uh, guys or gays?
    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
    Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

sorry GUYS tring to type with a 8 month old on my lap, not that easy

Comment

Lol! Well I'm not familair with these details but I'm sure someone will chime in pretty soon.
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Hey Hot Rod...painted or machined Aluminum? Simply the outside or the interior cleaned out also? (could be a little messy) Finally what is the condition and age? These items will assist you at making sure the job is profitable! We charge in the area of $12.00 -15.00 a foot minimum for painted trailers depending on the condition. If its torn up and dull the price could be as high as $20.00 - $22.00 a foot! If they desire a quick clean of the interior with a good pressure washing, that adds an additional $3-5 per foot!

Hope that helps!
          Renny Doyle
          Attention To Details
          "Detailers of Air Force One"
          www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

The horse trailer sounds like a sh***y job if you ask me!!
            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

it is painted white, the guy down the road sell a lot of them. Went by his lot yesterday & all the new trailers were swirled out . Thinking about giving him my card . What would you charge to remove the swirls & wax.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                The horse trailer sounds like a sh***y job if you ask me!!
                He'll be here all night!

Don't forget to tip your waitress!
                You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

I would estimate your total hours to do each trailer which will allow you to be more profitable. Lets say the total time on site for one trailer is estimated at five hours, I would bid the job at $200 - $250.00 minimum which would allow you to capture $40.00 - $50.00 per hour.

In our case, our desired shop rate for trailers is $60.00 - $70.00 an hour so we would provide numbers in the $300.00 to $400.00 a trailer.

I am not certain about your local area and the prices that your market will bare so the above is a guideline/suggestion only but does reflect real world expectations from our prospective.

Good luck,
                  Renny Doyle
                  Attention To Details
                  "Detailers of Air Force One"
                  www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Thanks Renny how is your home study kit comming along ?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');