• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D170 Hyper Dressing vs D161 Silicone Free Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D170 Hyper Dressing vs D161 Silicone Free Dressing

Hi,

I am looking for a good Tire (and Engine) dressing, that gives real good shine!

What is the difference if it is silicone free?

Is the D44 also dilutable?

Or maybe D40?

Thanks

Re: D170 vs silicone free dressing D44

All Meguiar's goods are good, and will leave a very good shine.

the difference between a silicone based dressing and a non silicone based dressing is the working environment:

silicone free dressing is mainly made for people who work at body shops, because silicones can make paint jobs be reuined very easily, so it's an ingredient that is very avoided in these environments. however if you want to buy it, there's no problem with that (you never know when you'll be detailing your car of a customer's car if you work in wuto detailing that has uncured paint which means a recent paint job that has less than 30 days of being painted).

I didn't find D44 or D40 in the US meguiar's page, but since I suppose you're referring to the professional detailer line dressings, here's the info you need:

All season dressing and silicone free dressing are Ready To Use (RTU) so dilution is not recommended.

Hyper dressing CAN be diluted to your needs: from 1:1 up to 1:4 I think it can be used directly, but that depends on how much you like your tires, dashboards, engines, etc to shine: lots (RTU or 1:1) or a little lesser (1:2 or 1:4)

Hope this helps.
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Re: D170 vs silicone free dressing D44

Nice answer Chex,

Think we'll modify the title of the thread and then move this to Hot Topics.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: D170 Hyper Dressing vs D161 Silicone Free Dressing

Originally posted by Uros View Post
        Hi,

I am looking for a good Tire (and Engine) dressing, that gives real good shine!

What is the difference if it is silicone free?

Is the D44 also dilutable?

Or maybe D40?

Thanks
        How old is your catalog? These part numbers are not current.

Hyper Dressing is part number D170
        Silicone Free Dressing is part number D108
        All Season Dressing is D160

If you don't have a current catalog, contact Customer Care at 1-800-347-5700

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

thanks!

My catalog is aktuallz new (for Schwitzerland and Austria)

There I have the D170 Hyper dressing, the D44 silicone free dressing (no all season dressing). I made a mistake writing, I ment M40 vinyl and rubber and not D40. Sorry!

So I can take the D170 without doubt and use it (depending on the dillution) for tires, Interior, Engine etc..?

Can I also applie it for exemple on the tires with a brush (and dispencer), or better with a sprayer? (is it more liquid or like a gel?)

Comment

So I can take the D170 without doubt and use it (depending on the dillution) for tires, Interior, Engine etc..?
            Yes.

Can I also applie it for exemple on the tires with a brush (and dispencer), or better with a sprayer? (is it more liquid or like a gel?)
            Everyone kind of finds a way they like the best, some guys like paint brushes, you can pour some product off into a quart size can and cut a slot in the lid for the paint brush to slide in and out of and keep the product from sloshing out and draw from the can to dress tires.

Some guys like to spray right onto the tire, for this you could look at an industrial size bug or weed sprayer, the kind you would pressurize with a built in pump.

Some guys like to apply with a foam or cloth covered foam wax pad.

Experiment and see what works best for you.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here is what I use:

I get them at Advance Auto Parts for around a dollar. Ive got one for ASD(use it on fender wells, engine, mudflaps, any plastic on outside, etc) and one for Endurance(Use it on tires)..

Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Hi, just one more question.

Does someone have picture of what the Hyper Dressing looks like (espetially on tires) in different dilutions?

Wich dilution could be compared to the shine of the Hot Shine Tire Spray?

thanks

Comment

Hi, just one more question.

Does someone have picture of what the Hyper Dressing looks like (espetially on tires) in different dilutions?

Wich dilution could be compared to the shine of the Hot Shine Tire Spray?

thanks
                  Generally speaking, Hot Shine (in my opinion) would be compared to Hyper Dressing at either a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio. Plus, in my opinion, Hyper Dressing is BY FAR the superior product from a longevity, ease of use, and lack of sling perspective. Like BlueLibby, I use a similar 'tire swipe' type of product. My procedure is to spray it on at 1:1, allow it to dry, and then, using a clean tire swipe type of foam applicator, even out the look and spread any excess liquid that may be in the letters or the side tread (or similar). I've found this method to be VERY effective at evening out the look as well as making the sling factor nearly non-existant.

My next order will likely include a 5-gallon bulk of Hyper Dressing as it's slowly emerged to be my favorite Meguiar's product because it is so versatile.

Also, just as a slight addition to Chex's post (which was spot-on, might I add). Hyper Dressing must be diluted. Generally, it's pretty thick and thus, if you're not diluting it; for one, you're wasting it but, for two, it's probably not going to perform like it should.

That said, go with a 1:1 for ultra-high shine and take it down to a 4:1 for a natural or matte looking finish... it, truely, is a FANTASTIC product.

-RP-
                  -The Final Detail-
                  Lagrange, Kentucky
                  thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                  CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');