• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7424 setup - newbie Qs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7424 setup - newbie Qs

I have a brand new PC 7424, which came with an extra plate (yellow, with 43-125DA on the wrapper) and a set of pads.

I see that the instructions that came with the PC are really for wood sanding.

Is the plate I referenced above the "backing plate" referred to here? Do these polishing and finishing pads really just attach via velcro to the backing plate?

Sorry for the newbie Qs, but I couldn't find any useful instructions with the 7424.

Re: 7424 setup - newbie Qs

If the plate has a 5/16 fine threaded bolt sticking out one side and the other side has Velcro material on it then attach this to the machine using the supplied wrench and then attach your polishing pads to this Velcro side.

You're good to go!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'm assuming you got your PC as part of a package from a detailing supplier because 43-125DA is a Lake Country Mfg part number.

Anyway, yes, that's the backing plate.

Just use the wrench to unscrew the Porter-Cable pad, replace it with the backing plate and it's ready to use with the good pads. The Velcro system works great.

PC.

Comment

Thanks, PC & Mike. That's what I needed to know. Yes, turns out the pad set packaged with my PC is Lake Country's.

Comment

I am new to this also. I just received my 7424 in the mail today. I am attending a Meguiar's class on Sunday.
          BROTHA BLING

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');